The effects and repercussions of a cyber attack on WTBTS

by Soldier77 16 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• I Want to Believe
    I Want to Believe

Ha, that would be perfect! Make them question everything and they won't be able to stop. People would be able to neutrally evaluate the content of the articles and make independant value judgments -- then the GB will have to admit that the ridiculous stuff that didn't make any sense was all "true."

• DT
    DT

Imagine sending a fake email that says that Anonymous is planning on sending fake emails and letters and provide strict instructions that all future correspondence should be verified by a call to headquarters.

Can you imagine how many hundreds or thousands of phone calls they would get? After they finish telling all these elders that they shouldn't be calling headquarters you could send out more fake emails that wont be double checked.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

I like that idea sir82, subtle little doubts and even if not true, they will start to question anything that sounds... "off".

I also agree that the message should be subtle, not blatant in your face "apostate", we want them to be as professional as possible even in an area like this....

• strypes
    strypes

Exposure of the WT tactics (trolling ex jw sites for folks to torment) would also be an interesting "ripple"....

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

I do not think that taking down the official website or hacking it (redirecting it, links to aposta sites, etc) will have any serious impact. Surely they have backup sites in various branches. What is the real crackdown is to get that damned list and info about where the money goes and comes from.

• life is to short
  • Soldier77
    Soldier77

NOLAW - correct, redirecting it to other sites is small stuff. Hacking it to get the information is the goldmine. Also, I seriously doubt they have a back up to their website, even if they do, it will be found out in the initial data mine and hit as well. There was also a document that stated HQ has access to all branches, but the branches do not have access to HQ data. The branches data gets uploaded to HQ, HQ can access Branches DB, but Branches cannot access DB of HQ.

I will say that they have got to be scrambling up at Bethel or Patterson right now. We all know they have spies that monitor this site and if they think that this is a joke, it just goes to prove their arrogance and ignorance, pride before the fall.

IF they are taking heed, their isn't much they can do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit