Dad says hes cutting lines of communication

by 2tone 10 Replies latest jw friends

• 2tone
    2tone

I'm really pissed. I havent attended the kingdom hall in several months. My dad says hes going to stop talking to me. Honestly i dont care. Its my mother and brother that i care about. Hes not my dad hes just my stepdad so he can fuck off for all i care. Our conversation went bad real quick after he said that. I swear this cult better hope I never get a terminal illness. I'll make a visit to the watchtower and level that place...

I dont know what else to say or do. I'm just furious

• witnomore
    witnomore

I'm sorry, I know how much this hurts . . .

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

I feel bad that you are going through this. It's so sick that an organization can have such control over people's lives.

Try to remember that it's not personal, it's probably killing him/them to take this stand but they feel like it's a test of their faith.

I once shunned my dad (for a while) because I thought it was pleasing to Jehovah to do so. Then he almost died and I started questioning things so try to keep a positive attitude. Pray for your family to open their eyes to see how really messed up this organization is.

Almost all of my living family are still witnesses so I don't have much association with them. It doesn't really bother me anymore because I have great friends that love me no matter what. Surround yourself with people that can show unconditional love and friendship.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

2tone, I am sorry for your pain.

What about your mother and brother?Will they also follow suit?

• Tooz
    Tooz

"I don't know what to say or do"

Pity him for being so brainwashed. His respons is not much difference then a 4 yr old that says they will hold their breath until they get their way.

He can suit himself

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

If you don't have a close circle of friends outside of the Watch Tower, start making friends now. You'll need them. Remember that you can only control your actions, but if you're not doing anything that you can be df'd for, (or at least caught at it), your mom and brother have no basis to shun you. I'd let them know that if I was you.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Just remember he's acting out of the brainwashing, it's not his authentic self that is saying this.

Hang in there, and as jamiebowers said, make sure you have a good circle of friends (even one or two good friends are better than nothing) to surround yourself with.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

I agree with Broken Promises. I know it hurts. Sometimes I feel such anger towards my own wife for doing her best to indoctrinate my kids.....but then I calm down and realize that she is a victim too. And so is your stepdad. They think they are doing what is best.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Sending you hugs. Try not to waste too much emotion (even anger) on people who really don't deserve you.

Loz x

• biometrics
    biometrics

I can't imagine how that must feel. Because he has chosen this course of action it must feel worse than if he actually died, .

My dad died when I was young. He was never a JW despite numerous attempts to convert him. But at least all his kids knew that he loved them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit