Question about reporting fellow JWs.

by maninthemiddle 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I had an Elder recently tell me that even if a Wife has an issue with her Husband she must talk with her husband present. I can tell you that is not followed. I am currently getting busted for reading the Elder's book, not even all of it. I am also being looked at because I mentioned in a private conversation with my Wife that I wondered if any doctrines will change because they have in the past. I mentioned the 144,000 and how the number of partakers is growing, not decreasing. Well she told them that too, so now 2 of them want to meet, just to make sure we are all thinking straight. They follow a scripture when it suits them, and ignore it when they benefit from doing so.

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

OP, Matt. chapter 18 is also mentioned as a primary scripture on this issue in the Elder's Book. But in reality, local elders will do whatever that fits into their agenda. You have no saying. In general rule, it's all about power game and how well you understand their game rule.

• blondie
    blondie

Leviticus 5:1 is part of the OT, a law for the Jews to follow. The WTS uses many scriptures in the Law and says the "principle" applies to jws. But then what about the laws that govern mutiple wives? Does that apply to jws too?

The WTS does not use Matthew 18 in regard to "sins" they consider worthy of df'ing...that is considered under the authority of the elders. They consider Matthew 18 to be problems between individuals.

The Bible Students did and do bring the matter before the congregation not the elders and it is the congregation that listens to the evidence and decides whether the individual should be spiritually shunned, but they can still talk to them about other matters. That was the policy under Russell.

• St George of England
    St George of England
    But then what about the laws that govern mutiple wives? Does that apply to jws too?

I suggested that to my wife recently, she did not think it a good idea. So I said what about slaves? She said she already has one!

George

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

The WTS does not use Matthew 18 in regard to "sins" they consider worthy of df'ing...that is considered under the authority of the elders. They consider Matthew 18 to be problems between individuals.

That makes sense. Thanks.

Blindnomore.

I appreciate that. I am aware of the game. I am looking for for a reply to someone who I think is ratting on me.

datadog, recently a friend was asked to meet with the elders, but her husband i was supposed to come along. Just stupid.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

DATA-DOG:

I'm finding that, in regards to the KH, you have to apply Micah 7:5, 6 which Jesus partly quotes at Matthew 10:34-36.

I had an Elder recently tell me that even if a Wife has an issue with her Husband she must talk with her husband present.

But the reverse (husband having issue with wife) does not hold in the KH.

And the idea only applies if the husband is baptized. Otherwise, he means nothing to the elders.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

I am currently getting busted for reading the Elder's book, not even all of it.

W ould you mind elucidating this? What is the "Elder's book" and why aren't you supposed to read it? How did you happen to gain access to the book and who turned you in? I'd like to hear the story.

I am also being looked at because I mentioned in a private conversation with my Wife that I wondered if any doctrines will change because they have in the past. I mentioned the 144,000 and how the number of partakers is growing, not decreasing. Well she told them that too, so now 2 of them want to meet, just to make sure we are all thinking straight.

Let me see if I have this right. Your wife turned you in because of some things you mentioned in private conversations with her? Ummm...how long have you two been married? And what would she do if she found that your were leaving messages here? Would that be an offense?

This is all very interesting to me. Sorry for side tracking the discussion. I would just like to hear more. PM me if you think that would be more appropriate.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I am currently getting busted for reading the Elder's book, not even all of it. I am also being looked at because I mentioned in a private conversation with my Wife that I wondered if any doctrines will change because they have in the past. I mentioned the 144,000 and how the number of partakers is growing, not decreasing. Well she told them that too, so now 2 of them want to meet, just to make sure we are all thinking straight.

DATA-DOG, I think you realize that this could be deep shit. You had better just ASK THEM THEIR THOUGHTS. NO thinking from you, just concern and confusion and inability to understand all this. "Is this a "change" and I missed an article about it? So glad you are here to help." Better destroy the quotes from the Elders' Book that you had seen posted somewhere online. I know you wouldn't keep such information.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit