Leaving Jehovah's Witnesses is NOT the same as the doctrines leaving you

by Terry 52 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Reading the book "the History of the Bible in English" managed to blow the Bible's authority out of the water for me. It followed the history of the Bible from earliest manuscripts and the formation of the "Canon" to the most modern english translations. That will give you doubts. Terry, the info was very practical and happifying. lol Really did love the thread, thanks.

• Sulla
    Sulla

I was out on a date with a lady who was a psychologist. She was intelligent, well-read, interesting and non-religious.

Somehow or other the conversation drifted (why--I don't know) thanks to me....to the "days of Noah".....

I started telling her, matter-of-fact style, about angels who came down to earth and had sex with women which resulted in the birth of giants....!

The expression on her face as she realized I WAS SERIOUS....instantly clued me just how damned STUPID I was for ever believing this story!

After that I started questioning my own sanity!!

That is the most horrible story anyone has ever told. Better for you if you had just gone ahead and shit your pants, rather than start that conversation about the Flood. Wow.

• Terry
    Terry

Reading the book "the History of the Bible in English" managed to blow the Bible's authority out of the water for me. It followed the history of the Bible from earliest manuscripts and the formation of the "Canon" to the most modern english translations. That will give you doubts. Terry, the info was very practical and happifying. lol Really did love the thread, thanks.

"Happifying" was a Fred Franz buzz word! It's been a long time since I had to read that nonsense!

He also liked to use Buckminster Fuller's phrase "Spaceship Earth" and work it into articles.

I think I've been gone from the Kingdom Hall long enough to have put most of these things on a dusty shelf somewhere in the closet inside my head!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit