Welcome!

~Faerie

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hello and welcome!

Loz x

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome to JWN...glad to read your story. Is the husband that you're divorcing the abusive one?

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

Welcome aboard! I'm glad you're much happier now!

Kool Jo

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Welcome to the best place on them internets...

• flipper
    flipper

SOPHIE G- Welcome to the board ! Nice to have you here ! You have discovered what a lot of us did - that the WT organization is devoid of real ethics and is a corrupt , mind controlling organization. Please know that you are among friends here who understand and many of us have suffered unjust treatment by this organization. Many are waking up and smelling the coffee right now, so you aren't alone. Hang in there, we'll be here for you my friend

• yknot
    yknot

You are hilarious!!!

Wish you had been in my Hall!

If you do have him served during the meeting...... for prosperity sake be in attendance & record the whole thing with your phone!!!

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Welcome Sophie!

I tried to do that LOL!!! Told the clerk the meeting times She said it had to be his residence or place of work.

It's a shame you couldn't find out which territory where he'd be out in service, on that particular day: he'd knock on a door that the process server is standing behind (by arrangement with the homeowner), and the process server could serve your hubby while he's out in service (you gotta love the irony of the justice in that; the homeowner may just enjoy it as karmic payback for years of answering doorbells rung by JWs).

• still thinking
    still thinking

Hi Sophie.... welcome to JWN.

• SophieG
    SophieG

Hey guys!

I am not ignoring all your welcomes…Thank you so much for the warmth….I am still trying to get used to the board and the amount of times I can post.

Yes, my husband is the abusive spouse. I won’t say much about it because I don’t want to bring too much attention to myself. Once the divorce proceedings start all HELL will break lose as he will try to tear me down and drag me to the elders. Not happening! Me serving him papers at the hall/service is just up my alley of setting the record straight. While he yaps to everyone about me, I have stayed silent, so I look like the baddie…I really don’t give a rats patootie what anyone thinks anyway!

I think that there are many people who want to leave the org but are tied to family and friends, obligation and FEAR. I have a dear friend who is an elder and we have had many honest conversations about the reality of life and the fabrication and hold that the truth has on us. He is such a giver and the elder that everyone turns to. But I see the burden in his face and I can’t say anything to him. He will have to “shipwreck” his faith in THE SOCIETY all on his own.

I have had sisters come up to me at and said: thank you for being you and being real. They have seen me separate from my nut job JW don’t-wannabe-head many times and I still held my head high in the cong. My disappearance will cause some to think and so I don’t say anything to influence them. As someone who embraces all types of people and has tons of friends in the Org, my leaving will cause them to wonder: “Why did she do it?” I have always been an upfront person, open in speech and thought, level-headed and logical, so it will give thought to pause. I have friends that I KNOW will leave one day…they display that same frustration with trying to toe the line, asking questions, dealing with the folks who are self-righteous who should know better, doctrine that is CRAAP….out spoken to ME in private about things they don’t understand…but the CONTROL is so great they have not reached the point of JUMP!

So for now, I just continue to show them how truly HAPPY I am and that life has been really good since I decided to shake this control off me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit