Watchtower Library NOT identical to printed publications

by cedars 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PrincessPeachz
    PrincessPeachz

" The bound volumes and YEARLY indexes from the 60s and 70s are Goldmines."

My parents made the grave mistake of keeping all volumes of the watchtower and awake from the early 50s to the 90s... and me being the inquisitive, reading type decided to read them all... yes, I read them all. And had a LOT of questions, for a small child! I was between 7-10 when this happened lol. They weren't impressed and refused to answer my questions as to why we didn't believe what the old magazines said on certain things etc. I'd already started testing the whole 'god-knows-everything-you-do' idea and the prayer thing when I was 5, and decided for myself it was a load of bullsh!t, so I guess it was only to be expected I would leave eventually!

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

any pdfs or anything of the original 1989 WT in the image above?

• jws
    jws

Like SIR82, I believe any such volume would hold such disclaimers: TIME, LIFE, National Geographic, Mad Magazine, or the National Lampoon collection. Even if one little thing is changed, it's different. Even the omission of the pictures could be considered different data. I'm sure it's not as nefarious as Cedars believes.

Sometimes printing changes even occur during printing. Books have several printing runs. Newspapers have several editions for the same day. Walmart sells the Sunday paper on Saturday here and a new Sunday edition on Sunday. Which one would go into a collection?

While they have changed things, the CDs also contain plenty of "old light". The Society does not employ hundreds of Winston Smiths, revising all past history to current truth so that it appears they have always been teaching the same stuff.

I'm sure they've snuck things in here and there, changing embarassing things after they were published, etc. And they obviously omit much older publications. But I don't think they waste the time and effort to go back and revise things. If it's not caught pretty quickly, I doubt it gets changed.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

The 1957 Theocratic War Strategy missing page is nothing revisionist. If you look at almost ALL the reprinted bound volumes, you will see the same - that the last page is blank. And why? Because the books advertised for in the original bound volumes or original loose magazines no longer were available, were out of print, at the time the reprinted volumes were issued. You'll find lots and lots of these white back pages. Adverts removed, not TWS specifically removed.

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

any pdfs or anything of the original 1989 WT in the image above?

I have the original 1989 WT copy in Korean. I have verified the above image. It's 100% correct.

• aposta-Z
    aposta-Z

@PrincessPeachz:

I also read these bound volumes in my folks library as a 7-10 y.o. I had access to older (40-50s) in print form from a dark blue embossed binders. I thought I was a weird kid. Glad to know I was not alone. lol.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

That 1957 article on page 288 is on the WTLib, unchanged.

1989_Jan_1_Watchtower.pdf http://www.sendspace.com/file/v2tmc0 Note that the change is between this original WT and the BV. In the WTLib, the article is identical to the BV.

I still haven't seen a change in an article in a WTLib that a JW couldn't show me in a printed publication.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit