Christ's Intent

by jgnat 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jgnat
    jgnat

Dogpatch, a treat that you popped in my thread. I owe you some writing. It will be different than how I first intended. Now I want people to laugh.

Still Thinking, I am glad you liked it. I am totally hooked on TED now. I do try and link what matters. My dread is that I bore people to death.

JWOP, the point is that Jesus fully expected his disciples to run in to persecution the first time he sent them out. That it happened later might be called a self-fulfilling prophecy, sort of like Rutherford predicting persecution by Christendom.

You know, this time of questioning everything can be blamed on the Jehovah's Witnesses. I knew they were wrong. Finding out why forced me to re-evaluate my own firmly held beliefs.

• still thinking
    still thinking

How would you bore people to death? with too many links? Can't happen. People just don't look at them if they don't want to....link away my child... those that want to see will look...LOL

• Twitch
    Twitch
    Do you think the Spirit has divinely inspired any modern writers?

There are gifted writers in all religions but I'm skeptical of those who claim they speak with god or any other invisible spirit. God should be able to speak for hisself and make hisself clear without talent agents who more often than not seem to be at odds with each other in interpretation.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I am thinking of Frankl, for instance. Or Schweitzer. I know of these two, of course, because I discovered them. Probably the first one. I should patent my discovery.

• maccauk11
    maccauk11

THe bible is full of errors not by GOd but by man it had been chopped and changed etc. All a true beleiver needs is Jesus himself you do not need a denomination or organisation . The yare all counterfeit to the true churhc which cannot be seen or be touched it is a spiritual church the kingdom is within you meaning Jesus is in your heart or to keep searching the scriptures thinking in them you have everlasting life. You need to go to Jesus he waits to enter into . He will teach you himslef he will guide you himself. Live a life of justice and mercy. You cannot earn or work for the gift of everlasting life. God himself will decide who he has mercy upon. DO not put your trust in man or money. Enjoy your life stay faithful until death and you will exalted and resurrected.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit