Kinda new here. A Backstory.

by SethBridge 24 Replies latest jw friends

• SethBridge
    SethBridge

Hi everyone :)

Im kind of new here. I was a former member of this site, a little over a year ago. Had planned on writing a backstory of what happened in the past year but decided to keep it simple. So here goes.

Was born a JW.

Was a child.

Started realizing that I was gay.

Baptised.

Fought my parents to let me go to art school after high school.

Won in said argument to go to art school.

Had my first boyfriend. Lived together.

Fought my feelings and broke up with him.

Still believed in the "truth".

Finished art school (top of my class) at 20 years old. Then moved to California from Colorado.

Decided that I would rather live my life as I truly was than keep trying to be a JW.

Found this site.

OH, and you all saved my life. Thanks :)

I realized that everything I knew about the JWs was a big fake.

Started coming out to certain people in my family.

Couldnt afford to stay in California. Moved back home with my parents.

I stopped going to meetings while I lived with them and they knew something was going on.

I evnetually came out to them in a big argument after about 5 months. Was immediately kicked out of their house. Like a few minutes after.

Moved to Denver.

Lots more detail and interesting stories to come ;)

• finally awake
    finally awake

Welcome back!

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

Welcome back, Seth!

I am sorry for the all the trouble you have gone through.

Looking forward to hear your story.

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

Welcome back Seth!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome ...Sorry your parents listened to the Ole Devil instead of their son. But bigotry is slowly dying

When we realize that God gave us a Brain to think I am glad you started using your as we all (or most ) on this board is doing

Mouthy

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Wow Seth even in it's condensed form your story say's so much. One can just imagine what you have been through and to be fair, can also imagine how your parents must have felt as well. You have carried the knowledge of your sexuality around for years. This is all new to them so hopefully they will soften as they get accustomed to the situation. As a parent I'm not sure what I'd do if my Sons told me they were gay but I do know that short of being axe murders or drug fiends, I can't imagine ever turning my back on them for anything, let alone throw them out of the house without any notice or anywhere to go. Being Gay is not something you can "dicipline" out of someone nor will being unkind help anything either. I'm glad to hear this site was so helpful to you when you were in such a vulnerable state. You sound like a brave soul who likely has developed compassion and character beyond your years.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome back. Looking forward to hearing more of your story. Sorry your parents are stuck in a cult. I hope you're recovering from their 'drama'.

• KristiKay
  • Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

WELCOME!

• Diest
    Diest

If you need a support group in Denver PM me, there are a few of us here. You can send private messages by clicking on a name from a post and then clicking send message. To retrieve messages click the envelope in the upper right hand corner then click the message. It will give you an error, so you refresh the page and it will let you in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit