TO ANSWER WHY WE WENT TO KINGDOM HALL TO EAT!

by JUSTAMOM 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

JBEAN: your quote: "There are those on this board that may feel I'm not getting any "answers" because there ARE no answers... " AND THERE ARE OTHERS ON THIS BOARD WHO FEEL OTHERWISE.

If you continue to search with an open heart and mind your answers will come. Think, believe and have a little faith outside your comfortable 'box'. It's a big wonderful world out there that an awesome and loving God has created. Remember, time hasn't the same meaning to Him as to us....His concern is for your happiness and growth on this earth and to that end he brings about the "answers".

• JBean
    JBean

Thank you DoubleEdge... my eyes actually welled-up at your response... 'cos it's exactly what I'm hoping for. : ) Thank you.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

I completely understand how you feel. Its such a shame that we cannot express disagreement with the JW's and still maintain relations with our family and friends who are still trapped in that organization.

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

methinks you aren't completley out of Jw mode yet and are in a denial state, give yourself another 2 years or so you might come back and read this and be like 'what was I thinking!'

although your cause is noble, JW's arent the type to listen to reason. You gotta be sneaky.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Justamom

Sorry Love...I have to agree with YoYo. Your 'peacful' interruption at the memorial will only invite a very negative reaction from the JW members...and they will all think you're a little bit on the 'nutto' side.

You may have good intentions...but wouldn't you better off approaching people on a 'one on one' basis...rather then humilate yourself and your family? How do your kids feel about being part of this?

This is why JW think apsotates are all 'whacko'...they think all we want to do is disrupt their meetings and their lifestyle...and they don't get to know the real reasons why some of us left. I think your true purpose on attending the memorial is lost in the fact that you want to violate something they consider to be a 'special occassion'.

Room 215...I don't think that an ex JW partaking of the emblems at the JW memorial will force JW to "think". Quite the opposite in fact...they will be whispering to each other and teaching their kids that this is what happens when Jehovah's spirit leaves you...'nutto here folks - BEWARE'.

Justamom...I can understand your reasons...and you seem like such a spiritual person. I also know how isolated you must feel with both families still in the borg. Its not an easy life being on the outside while they are still on the inside...and so a part of me can understand why you would want to ram it up their self righteous backsides...but I think a subtle approach might be worth a try. Just a thought.

Beck

• JUSTAMOM
    JUSTAMOM

Hello JBean and thank you again

I am home. Had a great day!

Where did I leave off:

We had a meeting at this point with our brothers. We were best friends with them. They said they heard that we were starting to have apostate thinking. (I hate that word) They use it on anybody they want. lol
    We met, then they had a judicial committee meet with us and of course their decision was since they asked us if anyone came to us, would we speak about this to them, which we said "ABSOLUTELY" then they were forced to take action. They disfellowshipped us. Of course it took almost 5 months before the announcement because we appealed it and met with out-of-town brothers who we thought might have an open heart. JOKE!!! We then wrote letter after letter to the society, certified mail to EVERY governing body member only to have a "Peter Brown" sign for ALL of them and hear NOTHING!

Before the announcement was made our families had already completely stopped all contact. Bam...overnight.....Our three sons, then 12, 8 &6 lost their grandparents, aunts uncles, cousins and friends overnight also. They had a rumor going around just to make it worse that we had started our own church, and that we were possibly molesting our children. That was below the belt!

Eight months later which my husband was partners with his father and brother in a sanitation business, his dad and brother no longer wanted to work even business with him as he was the "worst of the worst". He was forced to sell his share of the partnership and become jobless overnight. The blessing that came out of this was for two years he was home with us and our boys and we grew together both spiritually, mentally, and emotionally with our kids. They really needed us at this time and I'm glad we had that time. It was the hardest period as we live also in a small community of Mt. Shasta Ca and we see family and witnesses almost everyday.

But spiritually and as a family we have NEVER been happier. We are closer to our boys than we ever were inside. We never had time for them.

We have come to learn that we were grossly misled into believing they, the WTBS were the truth, when there is only ONE truth and it is not a place or a where but a whom! JOHN 6: 68

After so many years of believing it and finding out they are wrong, we became physically sick for a few days. It was weird.

Jesus is "the WAY, the TRUTH and the LIFE." JOHN 14:6 He is also "The WORD" at John 1:1 and the one who sanctifies us at JOHN 17:17, "Sanctify them by means of the truth, your Word is truth."

He is also the one who "sets us free" as JOHN 8:32 and GALATIANS 5:1
    and tells us NOT to be YOKED in slavery under man again.
    That we must come to HIM at MATTHEW 11:28-30 and go through HIM at JOHN 10 as "The door" and not through a visible, legal corporation who calls themselves "the visible representation of Christ on earth."

Proclaimers book (JV) page 219 par 1-4
    Anyone else who calls themselves 'the door' or claims we must go through them or it isn't truth until it comes through them is a theif and a plunderer as mentioned in JOHN 10!

Jesus said HIS covenant was open to "ANYONE" at John 6:48-58 not just 144,000. Partaking at memorial doesn't mean you say you are 'anointed', all it is saying is that you what to come into union with Christ, belong to him and have life forever through him.
    JOHN 15:1-7

Even the twelve disciples the night before Jesus' death in the upper room had NOT YET BEEN anointed. Remember it was 50 days LATER that Jesus spoke about and mentioned the "helper, the holy spirit, would come and teach them ALL things." JOHN 14-17
    It was on Pentecost that holy spirit was "poured out" (anointed all in the upper room) and the disciples were among them.
    So they "ate and drank" BEFORE they had been anointed.

Holy spirit is not called "a FREE gift" for nothing. Jah says ask for it. JOHN 4:10 ACTS 2:38 8:20 10:45 11:17 LUKE 11:13 It is between you and him ALONE, not a group of men or organization to determine that.

You see, when Christ didn't return n 1878 and 1914 the way the IBS prophesied he would, they too became tired and murmered just like the Israelities in the wilderness so shortly after being freed from bondage in Egypt. They, the then anointed, wanted an earthly king, one they could see just like Israel did in appointing Saul.
    They like the Israelites wanted a "golden calf" (one they could see) to worship when they (the WTBS) KNEW full well Jah did not dwell in handmade temples anymore. So, rebellious and stubborn as Jahs people have always been and still are, built a "golden calf", a beautiful solid gold organization. And continues to "donate" all their gold and silver to it (monies, will, trusts, etc). Only to find out that they too have been misled into "apostacy" and will eventually be destroyed if they choose to go down with it.

JBean......I hope this may have helped some. When you have the time PLEASE look up the scriptures. I can share more if you like.

Have a great evening and may you have Jahs spirit and blessing upon you. Keeping seeking, knocking and asking, and IT WILL BE OPENED TO YOU!

With christian love
    JUST A MOM (Kim)

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I wasn't going to stop here and coment but after reading more reply'y I cant help myself.

I more than sure that my opinion will be the LEAST popular but thats alright.

Whatever your motives are for going and partaking in the emblems is your own business but I have to disagree with some of the response here.

Justin

[[As far as anyone being welcome at the Memorial, I do remember reading at one time that someone who used to partake of the emblems but is now disfellowshipped (as is the case with your husband) is not welcome at the Memorial.]]

Was this written in one of there publications?

YOYO.
    "Love?
    It is not loving to disrupt a ceremony that is so important to them.
    All you are doing is contributing to the fact that they think you're nuts."

It is in fact NO ONES business why you are there. WHAT COLOSSAL GAUL.
    This to me makes no sense at all. Just because a person is df'd or what about reproved? they are to be viewed as KOOKOO for continuing to partake in something they partook in prior to that?

NO ONE is SUPPOSE to know what the actual circumstances were that caused a person to be df' or reproved. We were always instructed to refrain from wondering about it.

Also if partaking would "disrupt" the memorial that would be no fault of the person partaking.
    Why does anyone care either way if someone goes to the memorial or not?
    I haven't been to a meeting in a long long time but I still go to the memorial every year. I have never disrupted one yet. If people are talking behind my back calling me a kook I couldn't care less. It's my business what I do or don't do.
    Anyone doesn't like what I do or don't do
    or believe in or don't believe in
    or like or dislike
    can go to h.e.double tooth picks.

I will not be CONTROLLED by another human being as long as I have the privilege of livivg in a free country.

Being disfellowshiped has absoultly nothing to do with the memorial.

thats my 2cents
    It's ok if no one read it
    plm

"The fellow that agrees with everything you say is either a fool or he is getting ready to skin you."
    - Kin Hubbard
  • JUSTAMOM
    JUSTAMOM

Hello BeckMelbourne:

I appreciate your concerns. We actually did cover "all the basis" that you mention.

You said "How about a one on one?"

We went FIRST one on one to family and friends. But remember we were disfellowshipped for "Apostacy", their biggest fear. They didn't give us the time of day.

You said "How about the subtle approach?"

We called, visited, and even wrote to family and friends. We figured writing would be "subtle enough" since we were not in person, they had nothing to fear and worry about anyone seeing them talking to us.
    My husbands mother told us not to send anyhting else in the mail as she throws it in the fire before she will even open it. So, we stopped the subtle letter approach for a while, but continued to send updated family portraits in the mail, only to have them "returned to sender."

So.......

any other suggestions?

Thanks for your input

Folks during the flood time thought Noah and his family were "wacko" "nutto" I'm sure. Did it stop them?

Christians in the first-century were persecuted, stoned to death and thrown to the lions. Did it stop them?

Our lord warned us that his true followeres would be persecuted as he was. A slave was no greater than his master.

So since he hasn't asked me to build an ark yet, offer my only-begotten son, stand in the Roman arena, give my life on a torture stake and die a criminal.... I figure the least we can do is continue to look a "little foolish" to our families and friends and not give up on them.

Have a great day
    JUST A MOM (Kim)

• Justin
    Justin

plmkrzy,

This is in answer to your question about whether the WT ever published its view that disfellowshipped anointed ones should not attend the Memorial.

This is what I remember reading in a Questions from Readers in the Watchtower. I have not been a JW for over 20 years and cannot do the research to find the exact quote. I understand there is now a CD which people can use to research previous publications.

I believe I remember the Question from Readers actually pertained to whether or not disfellowshipped people could attend, and the answer was Yes. But then, sort of as an afterthought, they said that someone who was anointed and disfellowshipped should not attend. I do not believe that this was in any way intended to increase someone's suffering - it was to avoid an awkward situation of having someone who was used to partaking from being in a position of either having to partake in a disfellowshipped state or else having to pass the emblems along as if they were of the "other sheep" class.

This was published before the WT had to worry about many new ones starting to partake - it was written when a partaker was usually one of the "old-timers." It was also written before some people started to partake as a last protest before leaving the WT. So there are problems the WT faces now that it did not at the time the article was written.

In my opinion, for someone who sincerely believes they have the heavenly calling, it is only proper for them to partake of the emblems regardless of what criticism they may receive from the elders. But once someone has been put out of the congregation, they should not come back just to partake and make a point. With all the anxiety that has been created over the "two classes" doctrine, people forget that the Memorial is a symbol of unity (not uniformity as the WT would have it) and that it cannot be used like a weapon in the current "spiritual war" between the WT and its "apostates." If someone leaves the WT or is put out, they can still partake at the table of the Lord with others of like precious faith and at least be united in love and faith with those people.

The old communion hymn, which refers to the Lord's Evening Meal as the "Eucharist," had it right:

"O Thou, who at thy Eucharist didst pray
    That all thy Church might be for ever one,
    Grant us at every Eucharist to say
    With longing heart and soul, 'Thy will be done.'
    O may we all one Bread, one Body be,
    Through this blest Sacrament of unity.'

Justin

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Justin

Thanks for getting back on that.
    You must have meant the AWALE! [;0}
    I haven't read the AWAKE in quite awhile I'll have to admit. I do have about 20 or so un-opened though. Maybe one day I'll tear off the white wrappers and skurge through them.

PLMKRZY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit