TO ANSWER WHY WE WENT TO KINGDOM HALL TO EAT!

by JUSTAMOM 20 Replies latest jw friends

• JUSTAMOM
    JUSTAMOM

Hello to everyone today

Some of you asked why in the world we GO to the kingdom hall to partake of the emblems at memorial when we don't believe in them anymore? Was it JUST to cause an irritation? Or what?

Well let me answer PLEASE.

Whether or not it caused an irritation was NOT our intention. It was obvious that it did though. Why then you ask?

1. My husband and I were born and raised INSIDE the org, our whole life of almost 35-37 years. Married in the kingdom hall, both sides of family are witnesses, we pioneered, housed circuit and district overseers, gave public talks, and talks on the assembly program. Had bookstudy and meeting for field service at our homes and welcomed any and all! SO YOU SAY.....

Well EVERYONE WE LOVE AND KNOW are inside. They are our people and family "Israel." Those that profess to be Jehovahs true people, the true religion of today. So.... whenever Jahs people have left him as a whole, profaned his name and covenant (left it), someone HAS ALWAYS been used to help SHOW THEM.

The spirit of Jah that dwells in us moved us to try and HELP our loved ones and friends. The scriptural you could say, mission:

EZEKIEL chapter 3,
    DANIEL 11: 31-35
    JOHN 6:48-58
    JEREMIAH chapter 7

So we went to try and show them the important danger of what they have overstepped and how they in denying the covenant causes THEM to commit "apostacy."

As to whether they "hear or refrain then" puts the responsibilty upon their shoulders and not mine. I am bloodguilt free. At various times we continue to try and reach our family and show love to them, but still to no avail.

You may have you own opinions about this. But my love for my family and my Lord compelled us to do this.

And to answer the latter part. YES we do partake regularly AT HOME with our children. That is where we worship also by "following the lead of our lord" walking by faith and no longer by man, and understanding truly how Jah does not dwell in handmade temples anymore but inside "people" as the true temple today.

So that is .....the rest of our story!

Hope you all have a great day
    With christian love
    JUST A MOM (Kim)

• JBean
    JBean

Wow JustaMom... I'd like to hear more about how you and your immediate family, after sooo long in the JW organization, came to the stage you are at now. Please forgive me if I've missed a past thread... point me in the right direction and I'll look it up! : ) I'm at a point where I haven't technically left yet, but I am beginning to search for what I can only described as "my real truth". This board has been a tremendous help, but anything else you can add for me would be appreciated.

• Justin
    Justin

I hesitated to reply to your previous thread, as I do not want to appear to be defending the WT and I know you have your point to make.

As far as anyone being welcome at the Memorial, I do remember reading at one time that someone who used to partake of the emblems but is now disfellowshipped (as is the case with your husband) is not welcome at the Memorial. It was also stated that if such a person is ever reinstated, they will be received back as one of the anointed and can once again partake.

Churches that place a great deal of emphasis on partaking of the bread and wine also emphasize that to do so, one must be "in communion" with those who share these emblems. If you are disfellowshipped, you are not in communion with JWs. If you want to partake with others besides your family members, then find a church into which you may be received into communion.

What is the point of going to the Kingdom Hall as a disfellowshipped person and partaking of the emblems? To prove to them that everyone is entitled to partake? Such an act of defiance is not going to convince them of anything, and there is more involved than merely the doctrinal issue of the two classes - because you are in fact partaking as a disfellowshipped person. If you had been excommunicated from a church (which does not necessarily involve shunning but simply means being barred from communion), do you think they would let you return and receive communion anyway?

Justin

• Joseph Joachim
    Joseph Joachim

The spirit of Jah that dwells in us moved us to try and HELP our loved ones and friends.

I already posted a reply in your previous thread. Now I see more clearly that you are trying to make a point. Yet I don't understand how a person who has been associated with the Witnesses for 3 decades cannot see the futility of this all. My advice, for what is worth: give it up. But if you insist, next time you try to help your friends try to see things from their point of view. This shouldn't be difficult for someone who spent so many years in "the truth"; just switch your brain back to "Borg-mode". I do this all the time, it's a useful intellectual exercise.

But as I said, I think there's little you can do to help. Personally, what I do for my family is to show them that I can live a perfectly happy life outside the WT, and I make it very clear that I'm not going back because I don't need it and I don't believe it anymore. Yet by attending the Memorial you're doing exactly the opposite; you're giving the impression that somehow you still need the WT.

• JUSTAMOM
    JUSTAMOM

Hello again....

DEAR JOSEPH: Thank you for the advice. On many occasions we wonder, "WHY BOTHER?" They will never hear it.
    And on many occasions we have used the WTBS mentality to try and support "truth" We have called, even written the societies so-called anointed, the legal and writing committees. We have tried to make personal visits to our families. Yes, at least to this point it has looked like "to no avail" but that is not entirely true. They will NEVER be able to look back and say, someone did not try and show them. Also, many question in their hearts and from time to time we never know when the father may draw them and something they heard "clicks" Remember ROMANS 10:14-15

So this is why even though for the minute it may seem like nothing is sinking in. But I do have faith that EVENTUALLY to someone, LOVE will conqueor!

Have a great day
    JUST A MOM (Kim)

• YoYoMama
    YoYoMama

Love?

It is not loving to disrupt a ceremony that is so important to them.

All you are doing is contributing to the fact that they think you're nuts.

• JUSTAMOM
    JUSTAMOM

Hello JBean and thank you for your kind response

I put THIS thread up in response to the other one as to the question, "Is ANYONE really welcome at the memorial?" There were a lot or views on this.

But we are truly blessed in that Jah through his son opened our eyes and NOT ONLY showed us their error, but showed us the real truth and where to go.

I may not have time to finish as I am getting ready for work but I will finish later. You may email me ANYTIME. I am here for you.

Four years ago we started seeing a lot of weird things happening to friends that had professed to be of the anointed. They would write into the society, call them and share "food at the proper time" as they as domestics help make up the faithful slave class.
    Unfortunatley some of the things they were writing were not in full agreement with the society and therefore the society was either caling them "apostates" or "pushing ahead."
    That bothered me as I always suported the anointed to furnish ME with spiritual food and trusted them. Why the division NOW.
    So I started reading and praying like never before. I asked "WHY" Jehovah, please do not let me be misled. Show me what is happening. I trust you! "Show me the BIG PICTURE!"

When I read the Bible I started reading it apparantly not knowing at the time that the holy spirit was teaching me truly. I knew I had read it before, but never in this light. I heard a voice in my heart say, "Do not trust in nobles nor in earthling man to whom NO salvation belongs." I thought I hadn't before this.
    Also, I heard, remember Solomon, "To the making of many BOOKS there is NO end and the studying of them is wearisome to the flesh." ECCLESIATES 12:12,13
    WOW! The society publishes a BOOK for every subject. And explains it's meaning from THEIR point of view. Books, magazines, booklets, tracts, etc.......

I remember the society taught that the Watchtower magazine is NOT inspired...although it is where we receive our latest "food at the proper time" Inspired life-saving food from a magazine that is un-inspired. That really didn't make sense now. Not being inspired opens the way for "mistakes" "opinions that become doctrine".

When I realized this and starting reading and listening to the spirit for what it said and not allowing man to teach me, I too found division and error.

I knew at this time my husband and I must share with our brothers what we see and are reading. BIG MISTAKE!!!!!!!!

I, being ignorant, felt we as pillars in the hall and strong JWs had some credibilty to our words. WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!
    At least I felt they would see even if they could not agree.

Well, that opened up the can of worms called, "Apostates" and I will finish this afternoon. Thanks

Have a great day
    JUST A MOM (Kim)

• JUSTAMOM
    JUSTAMOM

Who said we interupted ANYTHING? We went in peacefully and left peacefully.........

Question:
    To the pharisees and Jewish system that felt they were the true religion and Abrahams seed....Do you think Jesus was showing TRUE love by telling them "their form of worship was unacceptable and false to its power. That they were hypocrites, shutting up the kingdom, concerned with the LAW over LOVE and that their temple was going to be destroyed.??"

Maybe not to them AT THE TIME obviously but it was ONLY LOVE that motivated him to beg and plead and die for them.

Just wondering..

JUST A MOM (Kim)

• JBean
    JBean

Thanks for your reply so far, JustaMom. I look forward to your continued story. I am at the point now where I AM asking to be led in the right direction. So far, I'm not "getting" any answers. No gut feelings... no light bulbs going off... no nothing. Maybe I'm not quite sincere enough yet (maybe subconsciously afraid of what the truth is and isn't) or maybe it just isn't time for me to make a move yet. There are those on this board that may feel I'm not getting any "answers" because there ARE no answers... however, I'll continue to try to search for something! After all... after 40 years of being taught and actually believing in one thing... it's quite emotional to begin to realize it's not what you have trusted in.

• Room 215
    Room 215

YoYo,

It's a sad commentary on the abysmal state of JWs' collective spirituality that they would regard a person in their midst who conscientiously seeks to observe the Lord's word (John 6:35) as ``nuts.''

If the person partakes quietly and without calling undue attention to homself at your bogus memorial, how is that ``causing a disturbance?'' By provoking JWs to think? Heaven forfend!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit