INCREDIBLE STUFF SAID @ BOOK STUDY!

by Mister Biggs 80 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Farkel
    Farkel

Gozz blindly stumbles on:

: Even if Farkel claims belief in God, or a god, his pompous pronouncements on Jehovah cannot be rationally excused.

Sure they can: no one but a psychopath worships baby killers and sadists.

: He hides behind the thin curtain of 'Jehovah of the Watchtower'. What is the meaning of this?

I don't hide from anything on this board, Gozz. You hide from facts, though.

: The desecration of Jehovah's name, cannot be exused by man, even if the Watchotwer claims to speak for Jehovah and Farkel finds things below a standrad he would like to see.

Is "Jehovah" so puny that one little human out of 6 billion has the power to "desecrate" His name? Either I'm hot shit or "Jehovah" is a totally insecure loser. By the way, how do you know his name is "Jehovah?" Produce your evidence that that is his one and only correct name, please. And if it is shown that there is the least bit of doubt that "Jehovah" is only an approximation, then I will make a good case that God is not as interested in promoting his real name as the religious liars in Brooklyn say he is.

: Ther can be no excuse for the use of such words.

Why not? Is Jehovah so wimpy that He can't take a challenge from little old me? Get yerself a better God. You got a really crappy God. There are a lot to choose from. Choose one with a smaller ego and with a lot smaller temper.

"God is love." - Bible
    "Love is not jealous" - Bible
    "I, your God am a jealous God" - Bible

Also, choose a God who can write books that are at least a little bit consistent, will you?

: Or do I take it that this is what you wish to excuse? Address Farkel's statement about Jehovah, even if it is Watchtower's Jehovah.

: His expression transcends non-belief (or disbelief, as you wish, since he used to believe) in Watchtower's Jehovah.

Transcending idiocy is not that hard. It only requires a little rational thought. You should try that some time.

: There are limits to such expressions, and I stand as a testimony to one who would point it out in this community obsessed with conformity.

LOLOLOL! If you are a dub, your statement about "conformity" is absolutely hilarious. (But you're probably not awake enough to see it.)

:As for the nature of my writing, whether it is satire or not, you are a Seeker, and a Reader too.

There is one small distinction between you and Seeker4, Goz. He can actually think. I'd ask you to think about that, but that would require something beyond your abilities right now.

: Can you not use discernment? Must you seek a sign? Ther will be no sign, except the sign of a son of man.

I see signs all the time. "Lave Los Manos" is one of my favorites. No sign of the "son of man," though. He must be lost somewhere. Have you tried putting his picture on milk cartons?

Farkel

Do a separation. Look at the issues. Address the issue of Farkel's disrespect and blasphemy.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Gozz, the other thread is "Can You Believe This Crap??" And I am Seeker4, not to be confused with my friend, the original Seeker on this board.

And I beg to differ. It is not Farkel's pronouncements (pompous or otherwise) on God that cannot be "rationally excused." It is the idea of god that is irrational, a childish clinging to a mythology intended to comfort us in an often difficult world.

So, that was "pounding blood" and not "punding blood" as you wrote in the first instance? Makes a little more sense - but I would suggest you do one thing before you post here:

EDIT! EDIT! EDIT!

(There is this amazing breakthrough in computer software called a "Spellchecker." Try it. I'm afraid though that it will do nothing to help your overall style. For that I would suggest having one thought foremost in your mind as you write - KEEP THINGS SIMPLE AND CLEAR. Don't try to sound poetic or spiritual or intellectual. Trust me on this - IT'S NOT WORKING.)

Whatever I am seeking, it is certainly not a "sign" from you. Your "signs" require very little discernment. They are quite easy to read.

S4 - who did not intend to be quite as nasty to Gozz as this sounds. My apologies - its just that the pompous tend to raise my ire!

• Farkel
    Farkel

: S4 - who did not intend to be quite as nasty to Gozz as this sounds.

I can help you improve on that.

Farkel

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

Good points by eveyone!
    I would complain about those hijacking this thread, but I've been guilty of doing some hijacking of my own! :o)
    By the way, thank you for the warm words safe4kids and slipandslidemaster.
    One other thing that the lesson touched on (ozziepost and collegegirl can confirm):
    The watchman had to make pronouncement's against false religion. They had to be corageous and alert.
    The faithful and discreet slave, just like the watchman, need to be courageous and alert since they undertake a similar work.

• Gozz
    Gozz

Seeker4,

I must conclude you did not read the post following the first one I posted. We are botha ware with the taking away of the priviledge of editing post. I shall have no more comments on that event at this time. But it was pounding blood, as your and mide do, even at this time. So we must let pass your surprise at the use of such an expression. Since time exists to the extent that we make it a master over us, I might not be able to always edit. But I shall try, so that we will possibly avert misundertsandings of this nature.

But Seeker, what have you with this manner of writing? Annoying? It is abundantly clear that I do not wish to sound pompous, expression simply being what it is. You wish that I use your style, unlearn the one I have? It certainly is not a most pleasant style, as I can see from what you write, but you too must keep your eye simple, and focus on what is important.

Farkel,

you fail in your feeble attempts at infuriation. You must address the important issue that your prounouncements against the person of Jehovah is not also a disrespect to fellow humans who worhip him, or believe in him. You show total disrespect, and you blasphame. For how long will you continue on that self destructive path?

• jerome
    jerome
    Can you not use discernment?

How ironic....

If you are wondering what I mean by that, then I guess you will have to use your dicernment to figure it out!

------------------------------------

Gozz,
    I am not an ex-witness but I know alot about you from them.

You are in a situation where you think that you have it all and look down apon others for not coming to the conclusions that you and your leaders claim orignate from the Bible.

There is one thing that started me on my long journey that brought me to this board.

It all started when someone (a witness) told me some awful things about people that were once witnesses but decided to leave the organisation.

She used the phrase 'we do not entertain apostate literature.' (I dont need an explaination I already know why and the reason is silly to me. Oh and jesus dident say that you shouldent either.)

***{By now any witness reading this post would have lost intrest and singled out some remark on a biblical doctrine to correct me on. Sorry you wont find any I dont discuss doctrines.}***

Anyway to e that raised a red flag. Why would someone calling themselves a christian say such vile things about a person and put them in one class. So I decided to here the other side of the story.

Well as you know apostates know every thin about your organisation (especially things that they want to be kept secret) while you only know what the GB wants you to know.

Information controll is a very dangerous tool to have at your disposal.

***{If any of the active witnesses on the board read this far they would have probally managed to block out any of the important issues that I have raised and wont even bother to reply.]***

If it werent for apostates I would have never found out the FACTS about the WT that I now know until it was to late. I would probally be preparing for meeting later tonight.

-----------------------------

Why do you only chose to anwser the unimportant and easy questions while neglecting the more relevant and thought provking issues.

Frakel made execlent points in his post about IMPORTANT issues regarding false teachings of the WTBS. And you chose only to comment on his disrespect for the supreme head of your church.

***{By now the jws must be really bored, i really doubt that I would get a responce to this post.]***

Mabe he went a little too far but he did raise very important issues that you dident think were relevant enough.

-------------------------------

From what I have gathered thus far the JW life is one full of hyprocrisy, I say that because you are centered around works to gain your salvation and another part is centred on hiding the sins that you have commited from the congregation inorder to maintain the appearence of good standing. That is because you know that once you break one of their rules and they find out about it, all the love they show you will be gone in an instant.

If works play such an important role in your salvation then why are you posting on this board? If you were a good jw you wouldent be here, you would be preparing for the Battle of the Great day of God Alimighty Armageddon. Is this how you prepare yourself when the time is so short? You should pe sperading the word to people that never heard it and that are biblically ignorant.

Is associating with apostates a good work? What would your elders do if they knew what you were doing?

You at this point could probally tell them that you were spreading the good news to those who left the fold like a true christian would but you know that it wouldent make a difference. You do not care about apostates infact you are supposed to "hate them with the gratest hate" because they deserve no love.

Since I know that you do not have their well being at heart (that is if you have a heart) then you must be hear for your own purposes.

***{If a witness respondes to these 3 points that I am about to make, bethel will probally ferrze over (That was not a false prediction I did not say it in the name of Jehovah I mearly suggested that betHELL freeze over on my ownmaccord ) }***

I think that you are here for one of 3 reasons:

1) To improve your skills in refuting arguments about your doctrines. If you know all the possible arguements that opposers have to your teachings then you could easily find the anwsers from your books and memorize them. This will give you respect in your congo and possibly grant you more privlages.

You may also want to say that you are to strengthen you faith but that isnt the real reason, for if that were the case you would read your bible without the literature that is supposed to help you better understand it. The bible strengthens your faith not WT literature.

2) You are trying to convince yourself that the WTBS is not the truth because you have doubts. Your doubts may be subconscious but they are still there. I commend you for taking the time and the risk to think for yourself.

I realized that noone can convince you that this organisation is not the and is evil, you have to convince yourself of it.

This is because nothing that anyone can say to you will have any effect if you do not listen and act apon it. Yes you may hear it but it wont make a difference unless you embrace it with an open mind.

3) You are curious.

Plain and simple you want to know why people can turn their back on God and his organisation. Why turn your back on paridise?

You want to know if there is any truth to their claims that the organisation is not from God Almighty.

You want to know if your minds are really being controlled by a group of heartless old men who want you and everyone else to believe that their intrepatation of the Bible organisation.

You want to know how the minds of the apostates tick. How does satan manage to decieve somany people, how does he get them to leave the truth?

Thats all..

jerome

The Bible is a two edged sword wield it for evil and it you may get hurt.

• dedalus
    dedalus

Gozz,

Jehovah is a soul-raping, woman-hating, sadistic son of a bitch, a lousy absentee father, a hateful fucking idiot, a half-wit, an emotional wreck, and a complete royal asshole. His best quality, though, is that he's a complete work of fiction!

Just wanted to "share."

Dedalus

• jerome
    jerome

Oh by the way when is that guy who runs the board going to let you edit posts again?

That is really getting annoying.

-------------------------------------

I dont mean to hijack the thread but this seemed to be the best place to put that.

Last night I asked them a question about blood but they wouldent anwser.
    -------------------

Back to the point.
    Oh weah did some body say something about a watchman

The Bible is a two edged sword wield it for evil and it you may get hurt.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Hey, Dedalus! Glad to see you're still in fighting form, and as obscure and beating around the bush as ever! Huh!

Yo, Gozz - use the post from Dedalus above here as an example of saying what you mean when you write. Clear, simple, no misspellings, and well thought out! Hey, Ded, glad to see that MFA is doing you some good.

Congrats on the baby - and what a beauty!

• thewiz
    thewiz

Kaboom!

Another analogy that I got/get tired of hearing was the one about the Titanic. Please, oh God, please, why couldn't I have been in the cargo hold.

Farkel

Since most of these policies have changed that means they were wrong to begin with. That translates into MURDER or at least unnecessary MANSLAUGHTER at the very least.
    In kind...
    So when science comes up with new advancements, especially in medical technology, does that imply that previous to that, all the people who died before that time were somehow retroactively murdered?

Science finds a cure for some disease, less people are dying as a result of that disease, but now we have mass starvation, because now the "weak" are not being pruned from society; the sick survive with the strong. The genetical mapping pool is not "taught" to survive per se, rather it becomes progressively weaker, until some absolutely killer disease comes along. So what's better/worse?

When science comes up with something new there are always sociological implications/complications.

I think you catch my drift, right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit