INCREDIBLE STUFF SAID @ BOOK STUDY!

by Mister Biggs 80 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Will Power
    Will Power

"Then if anyone says to you, "Behold, here is the Christ,' or "There He is," do not believe him. 24 "For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect.
    25"Behold, I have told you in advance.
    26 So if they say to you, 'Behold, He is in the wilderness,' do not go out, or, 'Behold, He is in the inner rooms,' do not believe them.

I love it that this is included in one of the most oft quoted WT end of times proof texts. Too bad they don't quote it to the end.

Behold, there He is, the emperor and his new clothes ruling since 1874, 1914.

• Farkel
    Farkel

yoyo MPS, (multiple-personality-syndrome)

: That's the point, you want to have the right to choose. But in this case Jehovah chooses, not humans. He uses who HE wants.

He chose a bunch of assholes who have no feeling or care for those under their charge. Therefore, he is an idiot and shouldn't even be trusted to hire burger slingers at McDonalds.

Farkel

• Gozz
    Gozz

Farkel,

that a mere man exercises no belief in God, or a god, does not he must desecrate the sanctuary of those who do. Why do you express in such inciteful words your disdain for the almighty? Are there no more believers in God in this community? Now is it, those who believe in God must carefully this mere man, of melting flesh, and punding blood to desist from acts of pouring invectives on something, someone, held sacred by others.

This transcends the realm of religious discussion, but respect for the beliefs of the other. Can you simply not respect that others choose to believe, and that you simply do not? Why is this is wonderful matter to understand. It is indeed a frightful thing, that those in whose hearts remain some iota of belief in God, or a god, will remain silent at this time. You call the God some worship an idiot? You blaspheme, O mere man. You not only blaspheme, but also attempt a trampling upon the sacred faith of others.

I pray that you are forgiven, first for this act of sin against fellow humans, and then by God, who remains magnanimous in his dealings with fallen man.

• Gozz
    Gozz

Farkel,

that a mere man exercises no belief in God, or a god, does not mean he must desecrate the sanctuary of those who do. Why do you express in such inciteful words your disdain for the almighty? Are there no more believers in God in this community? Now is it, those who believe in God must carefully admonish this mere man, of melting flesh, and pounding blood to desist from acts of pouring invectives on something, someone, held sacred by others.

This transcends the realm of religious discussion, but rests on the plane of respect for the beliefs of the other. Can you simply not respect that others choose to believe, and that you simply do not? Why is this is wonderful matter to understand? It is indeed a frightful thing, that those in whose hearts remain some iota of belief in God, or a god, will remain silent at this time. You call the God some worship an idiot? You blaspheme, O mere man. You not only blaspheme, but also attempt a trampling upon the sacred faith of others.

I pray that you are forgiven, first for this act of sin against fellow humans, and then by God, who remains magnanimous in his dealings with fallen man.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: The books study conductor then asks, "What kind of watchman would you want? One that is easily distracted and lethargic or one who is attentive and alert?"

: The response was they wanted the attentive and alert one.

Ok. The first question is legitamit. If one hires say, a night watchman, one doesn't want one who is inattentive (easily distracted) or lethargic (sleepy and lazy.)

Next,

: He then asks, "Who is the watchman today?"

: Someone answers, "The faithful and discreet slave."

Just like that, huh? Did any dub bother to ask, "how do we know the faithful and discreet slave is the anointed remnant (or more preciesly, the governing body)? If such a dub would research the answer to that question, said dub would find the answer, "we know we are the faithful and discreet slave because we know we are the faithful and discreet slave. Or in otherwords, "because we say we are, that's why."

That's circular reasoning: "We're the faithful and discreet slave because we say we are." Duh!

The entire argument falls at this point, but Mr. Study Conducter and Ms. and Mr. dubbies blindly following the next line of "reasoning" as if this argument actually has any merit:

: "Now, if this watchman saw dust kicking up way in the distance, even though he couldn't see what was causing the dust to stir, would you want him to sound the alarm or would you want him to wait and see until it got close enough?"

: The conductor's wife answers, "We'd want him to sound it immediately even if it's a false alarm. It's better to be safe than sorry.

Any ancient night watchman who sounded the alarm, woke up the armies and got them ready for action over a simple dust storm, not once but many, many times would be summarily executed, or at least ridiculed out of the country. Yet, the dumb dubbies in this book study are about to BRAG about such idiocy!

: And today, people try to say that we are false prophets because of, say, the 1914 thing.

No, people don't TRY to say you are false prophets, people DO say you are false prophets. Why? Because you ARE false prophets, you nitwits! NONE of your "prophecies" have come true. NONE.

: But the faithful and discreet slave were just trying to sound a warning because it could have meant the lives of those involved.

The faithful and discreet slave didn't just TRY to send warnings, you moron. They DID send warnings and those false warnings weren't benign ones that just "could" have meant the lives of those involved, they actually COST the lives of those involved. Let's try blood transfusions, organ transplants, alternative military service, "don't marry or have children until after Armageddon," psychiatry is demonized, and countless suicides and destroyed families and marriages over idiotic disfellowshiping laws. Since most of these policies have changed that means they were wrong to begin with. That translates into MURDER or at least unnecessary MANSLAUGHTER at the very least. I will NOT let these criminals slip away or try to obscure the facts because they were false "watchman."

: So, we should appreciate that they are eager to help us, even though at times they may be wrong. They are really just trying to take precautions just in case danger may be in the horizon."

"So, we should appreciate that Hitler and Stalin was eager to help us, even though at times they may have been wrong." Bullshit! The Watchtower society's road of "good intentions" is littered with dead bodies all along the road. Dead bodies who did not have to be dead bodies.

: "Exactly!" (Gee! Do you think they studied together??? LOL!)

Think again, bubba.

: "Now, does the Society hold back from telling us any new light or new developments or do they wait for some time to pass?"

: Someone comments, "They tell us immediately!"

Presumptuousness is condemned in the Bible, or do those folks ever actually bother to read the Bible? Thought not.

: "So, we should be happy that they love and care for the flock."

Translation: they were wrong. They had good intentions. People died because they were wrong. Therefore they CARE about us. We should be happy that people died because they were wrong, because at least they TRIED.

What Court of Law in any civilized part of the Universe would accept that horseshit as a defense?

Farkel

• Farkel
    Farkel

gozz,

: that a mere man exercises no belief in God, or a god, does not he must desecrate the sanctuary of those who do.

You are assuming I have no belief in God and that is very presumptuous of you. (See my comments on presumptuousness in this thread.) Do I believe in "Jehovah of the Watchtower?" Hell no! No sane person would believe in such a God, either.

There is no "sanctuary" in WatchtowerLand. Santuaries are holy. WatchtowerLand is a sewer of human misery and wreckage. There is nothing holy about it.

: I pray that you are forgiven,

Which God will you pray to? Are you sure you will be praying to the right God? If so, prove it. If not, why bother?

: first for this act of sin against fellow humans,

Telling the truth is not a sin, and if it is, "Jehovah of the Watchtower" is an even worse God than I originally thought.

: and then by God, who remains magnanimous in his dealings with fallen man.

Define "magnanimous" in terms of the Bible's "Jehovah." I don't believe you will find "countless examples of mass genocide, non-action, famines, plagues, human misery and suffering for countless millenia" under any of the definitions of "magnanimous."

Farkel

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Gozz,

I asked in a different thread if your writing there was serious or satire. I would assume from the posts above that you are serious.

Your pretentious, judgemental and just plain awful writing style is about as good an example for why people become atheists as I can think of! 'Cause if this is what a true believer and defender of God sounds like, God had better help us all!!

Please - tell me that your writing is satire and that you're not really Freddie Franz's and Pat Robertson's love child!! Or a resurrected wannabe translator for old King James.

An example of what I mean. Gozz: "Are there no more believers in God in this community? Now is it, those who believe in God must carefully this mere man, of melting flesh, and punding blood to desist from acts of pouring invectives on something, someone, held sacred by others...You call the God some worship an idiot? You blaspheme, O mere man. You not only blaspheme, but also attempt a trampling upon the sacred faith of others."

"...melting flesh and punding blood..." ???? Puhleeezzzz - spare us!

S4

• Gozz
    Gozz

Seeker,

what is it that you seek? You dislike my manner of expression; must I condform to your atndard in the written word? Do you deny that Farkel, like all mortals, may be desribed as being of metling flesh and pounding blood? Why must you resort to this kind of tectic? The issue is simple. Even if Farkel claims belief in God, or a god, his pompous pronouncements on Jehovah cannot be rationally excused. He hides behind the thin curtain of 'Jehovah of the Watchtower'. What is the meaning of this? The desecration of Jehovah's name, cannot be exused by man, even if the Watchotwer claims to speak for Jehovah and Farkel finds things below a standrad he would like to see. Ther can be no excuse for the use of such words. Or do I take it that this is what you wish to excuse? Address Farkel's statement about Jehovah, even if it is Watchtower's Jehovah. His expression transcends non-belief (or disbelief, as you wish, since he used to believe) in Watchtower's Jehovah. There are limits to such expressions, and I stand as a testimony to one who would point it out in this community obsessed with conformity.

As for the nature of my writing, whether it is satire or not, you are a Seeker, and a Reader too. Can you not use discernment? Must you seek a sign? Ther will be no sign, except the sign of a son of man. Do a separation. Look at the issues. Address the issue of Farkel's disrespect and blasphemy.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster
    Thanks for the info...it's been years since I've had to endure a book study, nice to be kept in the loop by those of you who are so "long-suffering" Btw...I want you to know that I thoroughly enjoy your posts and your sense of humor; I'm glad you're here

That goes double for me.

In addition, it's so simple. The TRUTH will set you free. You don't HAVE to lie. You don't HAVE to cover things up. You just tell the truth. All your problems go away. It's the TRUTH that keeps you clean.

Just keep remembering Deut. 18:20-22

Slipnslidemaster: "Facts are the enemy of truth."

- Don Quixote

• Gozz
    Gozz

Seeker,

and if you will be kind, may you let me take a look at the thread you refer to, so that the subject may perhaps be fully dealt with?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit