IS EVERYONE REALLY WELCOME TO THE MEMORIAL?

by JUSTAMOM 21 Replies latest jw friends

• YoYoMama
    YoYoMama

This story does sound odd. I have never heard anyone turned away.

But I was wondering why would you want to go the memorial in the first place if you don't believe in the JWs anymore. Are you trying to prove a point? Or do you get off ridiculing something that the JWs take seriously?

• Darkhorse
    Darkhorse

The JW's having a memorial around the time of Easter just shows another example of hypocrisy. If they want to be "no part of the world", why do they have this Memorial - if they want to prove they are "so different and special", they should not have it at all - and especially around the time all the other religions are observing Easter. I do not care if they call it the Memorial, they are still observing something around the time all of the other religions are (that the JW's do not want to be the same as oh noooooo.......).

I sure do not see the logic in that.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

The JWS celebrate the Passover on Nisan 14th, a biblical date. They can’t help it if it falls around Easter.

• Joseph Joachim
    Joseph Joachim

I have to agree with YoYoMama on this one. Last year I went to Resurrection Mass in a Catholic Church and partook of the hostia (they don't serve wine though ). As a non-catholic I'm not supposed to do that, but it's a don't ask - don't tell situation because everybody goes up and take it. So my advice for the non-non-partakers is, if you can't just stay home for Easter, why don't you attend some other religious service where everybody partakes and no one will notice.

PS: I'm going to be attending Resurrection Mass in Notre Dame this time around

• Adonai438
    Adonai438

Well, the Bible says it's up to each person to examine their hearts before taking the symbols (bread & Wine) and if they don't and really don't have the right to take them then they are drinking their own judgment. It's not my or anyone elses place to decide who 'desrves' or 'should' participate in communion. I know JWs don't call it that but ya know what I mean

Any believer is allowed & commanded to praticipate in this way of remembering the Lord. When Jesus instituted is on the night of the last supper he didn't specify a separate class of believers to take it and later he commands them to go into the world and teach them to obey 'EVERYTHING' he commanded them. That would seem to follow that, that includes the symbols too.

And, BTW,
    Of course the memorial is going to fall next to easter because it is 'celebrated' on the original night of the last supper which is the thursday before Easter. Easter is on that date because Jesus rose on the third day--Sunday-- and that's the original meaning of Easter. To celebrate the resurection. The bunnies and eggs came later but their original symbolism was all christian related to the resurection too. They may not hold those meaning in modern society but their origins did. Easter is also not 'Ishtar' either-- the name comes from another christian source. JWs attack 'straw dogs' in relation to celebrations and holidays. They take an obscure meaning or an inaccurate definition and prove it wrong and say 'Viola! the Holiday must be from the Devil!' when in fact they aren't disproving the real meanings at all. OK, done with easter rant

Bu-By-- <>< Angie

I personally would not go to a JW memorial because I don't follow their 'god' & 'a god' any longer-- I follow the Yahweh of the Bible.

• Imbue
    Imbue

Naeblis says:

True, but you can't really compare Jesus to justamom can you? Jesus had a mandate and a mission. Does Justamom? Besides poking her finger into the Jw's eye?

If you do not consider the witnesses the true religion, why would you go to their ceremonies and partake of something they consider sacred? Why not do it at home?? If not for the reason that you simply wish to cause trouble, and do not care who you bother. You are as bad as they are.

This is so reasonable Im[:O}

I don't believe this is the whole story . They probably made a scene at one time or another.

In one cong I was in someone took the emblems and the brothers felt the speaker didn't do his job with the talk. He was welcomed back next year and they held their breath waiting to see if he partook.

Crazy is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

• Imbue
    Imbue

no editing? Be prepared for many typing errrrrors.

Crazy is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Adonai... for once we totally agree. You said exactly what I wanted to say and more.

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

Naeblis what happened to you, you're such a sourpuss now :)

• AGuest
    AGuest

Hello, my dear sister 'Mom... peace to you and to ALL who have responded here.

May I add something? Thank you!

First, Imbue, please know that 'Mom and her family did not make any kind of a fuss. Please... don't let your reasoning take you there. They are not even that kind of people. They were DEVASTATED when they returned home and called me about it. They didn't DREAM such a thing would occur, PARTICULARLY when they had done nothing but show up at what was SUPPOSED to be a public meeting. I am not taking up for 'Mom, et al.; I am simply telling you the truth.

Naeblis and others who wish to know WHY, I can tell you from my position why I do it: because my Lord directs me to. How is that? By his words to me when he said:

"If YOU don't enter in among them, child, and set the example for them, if YOU don't let your light shine, but rather, hide it from them, keeping it under a basket, WHO then will show them what they are to do? The "Society"? No, for they are the very ones that have kept it and will continue to keep it from them, shutting up before such ones the kingdom of the heavens. No, but YOU must enter in among Israel and YOU must show them what it is they need to do, from the least one among them to the greatest one among. For I have directed you to do so.

"And of these that listen and hear, they will find their souls and YOUR soul shall be delivered. As for you, though, if you do NOT do this thing, then those that COULD have heard and seen, by means of your example, their blood I will ask back from your hand. Do you not then, love me, so that you will obey me, and love your brothers so that you will endeavor to deliver their souls?"

I tell you this TRUTHFULLY... just as my Lord spoke it to me, so I have spoken it to you.

And my answer? In all truth: "Here I am... send me."

And why not go? For doing so, obeying in this and all others things as my Lord directs me, has brought me many wonderful 'gifts'. I feel the 'trade-off', then, to be QUITE fair. Quite. He speaks; I obey. I get to see and hear things that most cannot. And while I am certain that many do not understand that, nor do I expect them to, my telling it to you here... is truth. And I tell it TO you... whether you believe it or not... for that reason that I do not fear you... or your opinion of me, whatever it may be. And I wish only love... and peace... for you, whomever you may be.

A TRUE servant to the Household of God, Israel, many of whom are yet enslaved in "Egpyt", the WTBTS... and a TRUE slave of Christ... to time indefinite,

SJ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit