That went pretty well, I think...

by SixofNine 10 Replies latest jw friends

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Six,

Glad it went smooth. Why give the elders any info that would spark a reprisal? Keeping them in the dark is the best policy to avoid JW labeling.

I wonder if the elders have been instructed to have less of the pursue the apostate at all costs until DF'd. I say this because a few years ago the elders visited me and my then JW wife. I told them I had read Crisis of Conscience, talked with Ray Franz, and that I was pursuing my spiritual education. I also told them I would be attending a church in the future. He was calm and cool (strangely curious about what Ray told me over the phone) and they declined to take any action.

However, I have heard different stories from others so it depends how rabid your pursuing body of elders is. My former JW wife's second congregation was more of the rabid kind, and when my ex leaked what I was doing to them, they pursued me.

I had the last laugh.
    The jerk elder who pursued me was ultimately DF'd. Last I heard, he had broken up with his second JW wife, was on anti-depression meds, and was paying heavy child support. Justice prevailed!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit