David Schafer's Mistake

by Hold Me-Thrill Me 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Alive!
    Alive!

Frank,

I'm personally very grateful for your beautifully crafted insights - your latest post was keenly observant.

The balanced insights on this forum are like medicine to many like me, I hope at some point I can contribute.

It takes time to write with the aim of making a line of thought easy to read, thank you and to all other forum members.

• Alive!
    Alive!

. We signed up because we love God and Christ we did not sign up to follow the Governing Body into spiritual hell.

Absolutely.

• New day
    New day

Frank

thank you for your post on this. I also watched it in disbelief and came to the same conclusion that you did that the scripture was completely missaplied. Thank you for expressing it so clearly, much better than I could have.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

"Some things in [the writings of the apostle Paul] are hard to understand, and these things the ignorant and unstable are twisting, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction." - 2 Peter 3:16

I'm not convinced that WT leaders CANNOT understand the Bible verses in question; I suspect they simply find them convenient to fit their agenda.

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

I feel for the younger generation in the congregation. I see myself in them, myself over 50 years ago. So young, so eager to enter into the opportunities to serve, so hopeful. Will they 50 years from now be where I am today? I don't think so. The end of the Watchtower as we know it is coming. What that will mean I do not know but we can feel it in our bones, stormy weather is coming and the Governing Body will handle it very badly. Little by little they have removed a nail here and there, a 2 by 4, a piece of siding...when a hard wind blows the building will shake and the GB will look to blame whoever is convenient...their Helpers.

I also feel for those in my generation who sincerely and with loving hearts made the mistake of trusting in men...we forgot...we did not remember because we chose not to remember...we forgot that we must trust ONLY in God and his Son not in men. Hard lesson to learn so late in life but as long as we have breath we can go forward with that lesson under our belts and do good by helping others to maintain a positive outlook and hope for a better day.

I was so encouraged by all the responses on this thread.

Thank you,

Frank

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

The whole thing seemed like a product placement ad for iPads.

Weird. Creepy weird.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Sir82, How about the scripture where Jesus says to the crucified criminal on his right 'truly I tell you today, you will be with me in paradise.' The comma is added by the nwt of course. It should be 'I say to you truly, today you will be with me in paradise.' This strikes me as humorous, because they are both DYING when Jesus is speaking. why would jesus say 'I tell you today' if the guy was dying that day?? What other day was he going to say it?? It clearly means that paradise is in heaven, and the man would be joining jesus there that day.

also, 'you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church.' The notion that he was pointing to himself but that was somehow omitted from scripture is just embarrassing.

How about Thomas' 'my lord and my God!' Same thing. As if the scriptures were implying he was talking to jesus when he said my lord, but looking to the heavens when he said my God.

Simple scriptures, totally screwed with in jw doctrine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit