David Schafer's Mistake

by Hold Me-Thrill Me 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• steve2
    steve2

It is a rare gift to the untutored rank and file to misapply a scripture so that it appears to justify your highly selective tolerance of organizational hypocrisy.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Let me get this straight, the ORG says that the ORG cannot be corrupted as a whole? Is that like the "evil slave" saying the "evil slave" is hypothetical??

DD

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

The current leadership is unable to keep it together. They're great at building brick and mortar structures but are a fail in building a loving structure that shelters the friends, gives them a home where they are safe and well fed. The Governing Body likes to say how much they love us and how wonderful the Kingdom will be and how we just have to keep going and keep preaching and we'll all get there together. But they are a facade, they are not real. They are like the orchestra on the Titanic. Nice music but it won't save the ship.

Anthony Morris is haughty and believes humiliation is a good teaching tool, Splane's mind is always somewhere else as if he is already in heaven leading an angelic chorus in a new song, Lett is slippery with over the top love masking a hardness, and so on. But those traits are just the outward symptoms of the real problem. The real problem is that they are spiritually DRY. They have no real food to give they are sad men in positions they cannot bear the weight of. They are in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The overlapping generation "theory" was so bad, so stupid in fact, that they exposed themselves with it. They exposed their desperation, any passing piece of debris that would keep them afloat a little longer was good enough. Polish it, present it and move on because the friends are a bunch of sheep who will swallow whatever we give them...appears to be their thinking.

The old GB finally died off in 2010 leaving us these lost boys who cannot truly read the Bible so they decided to entertain us instead. And so the endless stream of videos and Caleb and JW Broadcasting. All there to keep the friends entertained so that perhaps they do not see that their house is a house of cards about to fall around them.

More and more will leave, more and more are leaving if not physically then mentally. I am one of them, one of thousands who feel the shift toward something we did not sign up for. We signed up because we love God and Christ we did not sign up to follow the Governing Body into spiritual hell.

Thanks to all for their comments on this thread.

Frank

• OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

What I took away from gagging my way through this chuckle-heads pontificating was that he is full of himself, just like every other "elder".

The term "Be careful for nothing" is very easy to understand, regardless of what Schafer claims. It means just the opposite of be careful for everything, or to worry about everything. Then he goes on with these statements.

"But now, regarding the comments in our text today that have to do with stumbling," This directs attention to anyone who may have been stumbled by the unscriptural speech or actions of others in the org.

"Jehovah reminds us through his word that sometimes things happen in Jehovah’s organization that ought not to happen." There we have the not so veiled admission that the org. is no different from any other organization, regardless of the claims by the governing body, or any other member.

". . .the Christian Greek Scriptures are full of counsel directed to us to help us put up with those who have given us a legitimate cause for complaint." And there is the icing on the cake. We have a legitimate cause for complaint (think pedophilia) but one must just sit down, shut up, and put up with it!

One must NEVER be satisfied with just hearing the words spoken by these TV personalities but listen to what isn't said.

• OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

We signed up because we love God and Christ we did not sign up to follow the Governing Body into spiritual hell.

An older woman in the cong. said pretty much the same thing. She was baptized in the early forties and said if the religion that JDubya's are today would have been around then she would NEVER have been a JW.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Great post, Frank (Hold Me-Thrill Me), thanks for sharing.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Amazing how this scripture about depending on God, praying for peace of mind, peace that is beyond what we can understand.........is twisted by the GB to mean if you don't like the way you have been treated by witnesses according to your understanding, trust us, shut the f*** up, just keep following what we say.
  • leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Jehovah's people as a whole can never be corrupted

Pride is before a crash, And a haughty spirit before stumbling. - Prov 16:18

So let the one who thinks he is standing beware that he does not fall. - 1 Cor 10:12

For the Son of man is to come in the glory of his Father with his angels, and then he will repay each one according to his behavior. - Matt 16:27

So, then, each of us will render an account for himself to God. - Rom 16:12

• steve2
    steve2
    Hold Me-Thrill Me. I like your clear writing - powerfully observant. I'd only add thst the GB has always been more than 50 shades of grey. They have always been on the manipulative power-hungry side - just more so noe.
  • sir82
    sir82

Excellent post.

Yet another scripture where the GB creates elaborate sandcastles built upon an obvious misunderstanding of a remarkably simple verse.

A few more examples:

John 10:16, it is painfully obvious, from the context, that the "other sheep" are non-Jews, not "persons who have an earthly hope"

Matthew 25:40 - a simple cross-reference with Matthew 12:50 makes it painfully obvious that "Christ's brothers" are not merely 7 clueless dolts living in Brooklyn.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit