• ofcmad
    ofcmad

Let me add a couple:

colorforms
    Wonder woman
    Big Wheels
    Chips - *I was in love with John*
    Garfield everything
    Transformers - More then meets the eye...
    Burger King's paper king hats
    McDonald Happy meals came in paper boxes with cool toys
    99 red ballons
    A single pony tail on the side of the head
    Leg Warmers!
    Rainbow Brite
    Sasson Jeans
    Tab cola
    Weekly Readers
    Smokey the Bear and Hooty the Owl (ya know.. the pollution owl..Give a Hoot don't pollute! Never be a dirty bird..in the *something* or in the Woods..Help Keep America looking good..)

(edited to add more to the list)

• LDH
    LDH
    actually no it is not black.or dominican...(as some get mistaken for)
    the other half would be from a european country..

Yeah, umm, it *would be* from a European country....if it wasn't a lie!

But I guess I will stop here. It is never fair to pick on little boys who don't know their daddies!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lunchboxes with Superheroes!
    Electric Company
    Write Zoom--Z-double-o-M Box 350, Boston Mass 0-2-1-3-4!

Lisa
    Knows her Dad Class

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

More...

...Bubble Yum and Bubblicious were competeing for your quarter (grape Bubble Yum was my favorite.)

...Remember the Marathon Bar??? It looked like a chain link and all it was was caramel coverd with milk chocolate. Remember???

...The New Zoo Review

...Sigmund the Seamonster

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1
    But I guess I will stop here. It is never fair to pick on little boys who don't know their daddies!

I find this statement odd...considering I have
    posted regarding the status of my father.

so I'm not sure how you came up with this....
    really, ldh.."your comebacks" (as you stated)..really
    are taking me back to third grade...

i do hope you have as little influence on you child as possible

• LDH
    LDH

Methinks the man doth protest too much!

Lisa
    Secure Class

PS Mr Biggs...The other day I found some Hubba-Bubba...remember Blueberry? YUMMMMMM

• writerpen
    writerpen

I remember hearing my mother read things like this post of her generation. She would always remark, "those were the good ole days." I never thought I would be doing the same and I must say, this is the first time I've read a "good ole days" list from my own generation. I guess that means were getting old.

• TheStar
    TheStar

Closer2fine and ofcmad,

You guys brought back so many great memories!! So many things I had forgotten about. Going through the list, I had, did or wanted so many of those things. I had a great childhood, wasn't raised as a Dub, I only foolishly happened upon that 6 years ago.

Anyway, thank you again for the wonderful trip down memory lane. I needed that!

But does this mean we're getting old? yikes!

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Tab soft drinks!! YES!!! And HubbaBubba, marathon bars...oh god, it's all coming back to me now!

MANTRA: I'm not old. I'm not old. I'm not old. DAMMIT ALL TO HELL!! I must be getting old; I found a grey hair just the other day...and it wasn't on my head!

Dana(of the feeling old and mean class)

• more2C
    more2C

Thanks for all the cool posts. They really took me back to those good old days. It was tough growing up a witness and I think we enjoyed and appreciated the little things in life. All of those things helped us to become part of the "norm" even though we were taught to be separate from the world. Just wanted to say I enjoyed everyones thoughts.

Thanks,

more2C

• hungry4life
    hungry4life

Safe4kids I hadn't even thought of that kinda gray before. Man am I niave I think you just put me into shock.
    This thread is great really brings back memories. My sister and I named my baby sister (11 years younger) Janet after the girl on "Three's Company" that show was the highlight of our week. I also remember Rubiks cube and Mork and Mindy "NANO NANO" when I look at Robin Williams now I don't even associate it. Do you remember avon lip glosses that came in cute containers such as lip and soda bottle shapes. Heck that reminds me of soda "Bottles". What about the "Care Bears" and freezing your Charleston Bar so you could break it. And slime and silly putty (if anybody wants the recipe for making this stuff at home let me know). Also Cootie Catchers and who could forget "Pong" of course if you were really lucky you could play Atari. Hey and E.T. will be out again soon. We had frisbees and Duncan Yo Yo's. Oh and Dittos and Izod polos (not at the same time).
    In highscool lace gloves and black plastic bracelets oh yeah and the cool guy was the one with the biggest boom box. Oh yeah and the main way I can still tell I am a child of the eighties is that I cannot seem to stop saying "like". So like thank you all for like brnging back all these like great memories

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit