You know you were a little girl of the 70's/80's

by closer2fine 45 Replies latest jw friends

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

1. You wore that rainbow shirt that was half-sleeves and the rainbow went up one sleeve, across your chest and down the other.
    2. You made baby chocolate cakes in your Holly Hobbie Easy Bake Oven. You washed them down with the Snoopy Snow Cone Machine.

3. You had that Fisher-Price doctor's kit with a stethoscope that actually worked. After training with these tools you became an expert at the game of Operation.

4. Legos, Legos, Legos.

5. You owned a Schwinn bicycle with a floral banana seat and a basket. In the early '80s you moved on to the ever-popular 10-speed. Gosh that seat hurt.

6. Your roller skates had metal wheels.

7. You thought Gopher from Love Boat was cute. You had nightmares after watching Fantasy Island.

8. You had rubber boots for rainy days. Your shoes actually fit inside of the boots (with a little help from your mom and some plastic bags).

9. You had Sea Wees in your bathtub.

10. You had either a "bowl cut" or a "pixie" (not to mention the "Dorothy Hamill") because your mom was sick of braiding your hair. How traumatic when people thought you were a boy.

11. Your Holly Hobby sleeping bag was your most prized possession.

12. You wore a poncho with your faux fur muff and your clogs.

13. You begged Santa for the electronic game ... Simon.

14. You had the Donnie and Marie dolls with those pink and purple shredded outfits.

15. You spent hours out back on your metal swing set with the trapeze.

16. You were into Ping-Pong.

17. You had homemade ribbon barrettes in every imaginable color.

18. You kept losing your mittens so your mom bought you the kind that were attached by a string.

19. Your Hello Kitty pencil case was cuter than anyone else's.

20. You wanted to be Laura Ingalls Wilder really bad. You wore that Little House on the Prairie-inspired plaid, ruffled shirt with the high neck in at least one school picture. You despised Nellie Olson!

21. You wanted your first kiss to be at the roller rink.

22. You tried to make sure that no boys would grab the comb out of your back pocket and skate away at the roller rink.

23. Your hairstyle was described as having "wings."

24. You thought Shaun Cassidy actually wrote the songs "Da Do Run Run" and "Hey There Lonely Girl."

25. Strawberry Shortcake and her friends Blueberry Muffin and Huckleberry Pie.

26. You couldn't wait to be old enough to wear high-heeled shoes ... the one's called Yo Yo's with the plastic heel with a hole through it.

27. You carried a Muppets lunchbox to school.

28. You and your girlfriends would fight over which of the Dukes of Hazzard was your boyfriend or who would get to be Ginger and who got stuck being Mary Anne.

29. You memorized every song in the Annie movie and know at least one person who immediately went out and got the Annie afro. Every now and then "It's A Hard Knock Life" will pop into your brain and you can't stop singing it all day.

30. You had Star Wars action figures, too.

31. You thought unicorns were real.

32. It was a big event in your household each year when The Wizard of Oz would come on TV. Break out the popcorn and sleeping bags!

33. You wanted to be a part of the Von Trapp family.

34. Light as a feather, stiff as a board.

35. You loved The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe so much you got the whole Chronicles of Narnia series for Christmas but never read the other books.

36. You crawled in a wardrobe somewhere and actually believed for a few seconds that you were on your way to Narnia.

37. You completely wore out your Grease, Saturday Night Fever, Footloose and Flashdance soundtrack albums.

38. You tried to do lots of arts-and-crafts things, like yarn-&-Popsicle-stick god's-eyes or those weird potholders made on a plastic loom.

39. Shrinky-dinks!

40. You used to tape-record songs off the radio by holding your portable tape recorder up to the speaker.

41. You couldn't wait to get the free animal poster that came when you ordered books from the Scholastic book orders your teacher would give you. Remember? The order catalogs looked like miniature newspapers.

42. You learned everything you needed to know about girl issues from Judy Blume books. Are you there God? It's me, Margaret.

43. Care Bears.

44. You thought Olivia Newton-John's song "Physical" was about aerobics.

45. Wiggles jeans with the embroidery on the back pockets.

46. Friendship pins that you wore on your tennis shoes.

47. Shoelaces with heart or rainbow designs.

48. You wore knickers.

49. You collected Smurfs.

50. You wanted to be a Solid Gold dancer.

closer

Solid stone is just sand and water, baby
    Sand and water, and a million years gone by - beth nielsen chapman

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

you wanted your hair to look like the
    older girls........like ldh's

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

...You'd peer into the 8-track player and try to find the band playing.

...You'd give a beat-down ala Rodney King to punk boys that picked on girls.

I betcha nytelecom1 got beat up a bunch of times.

• nelly136
  • nytelecom1
    nytelecom1
    I betcha nytelecom1 got beat up a bunch of times.

by applying bible principals i never got beat up once..this
    goes to show that wisdom from above always prevails......

and being half spanish and the most athletic kid in school...people
    didnt think about "fronting" on me.

• Tammie
    Tammie
    20. You wanted to be Laura Ingalls Wilder really bad. You wore that Little House on the Prairie-inspired plaid, ruffled shirt with the high neck in at least one school picture. You despised Nellie Olson!

That I did not have to worry about, because I looked like Laura.

The truth can never be hurt by a lie,
    but a lie can be exposed by the truth.

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs
    by applying bible principals i never got beat up once

Yes, I'm sure that you got beat up multiple times, not just once!

Insulting people is applying bible principles???
    You're a coward! Oh, and you are a hypocrite. Not insults, just facts.

Being half-spanish makes you intimidating? How?
    What's your other half? Or, in your opinion, is your other race an inferior one to Spanish?
    Athletic? I'm sure that the only thing athletic about your body is your jaw because you talk so much crap and you always end up eating your words.

• Patriot
    Patriot

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that I have not heard anything as stupid as what this moron nyt wrote:
    "and being half spanish and the most athletic kid in school...people
    didnt think about "fronting" on me."

Is that supposed to mean that us hispanics intimidate the rest of the races?

You are so goddamned stupid that you're not even using the slang "fronting" in the correct sense, idiot!

You must be some type of computer geek with 2 dozen pens in a pocket protecter in your breast shirt pocket.

You try to come accross as some tough guy but I can see now that your not. The only New Yorkers that I know that can't speak the slang but TRY to, are the geeks.

Nice try though. BTW don't kid yourself, you know as much as we do that you don't apply any Biblical priciples...not unless you lead a "double life".

Punk.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

omg!!!! i peed my pants on this one girls!!!!!!!!!!! Holy cow cant beleive what a 70's 80's kid i was and how i actually had to smile at some of it all. I had the annie type hair, trying to do the wings things and it never worked. The roller rink was the only place to excape into the real world for a few hours , if i was a good girl , on Friday. Got to listen to the "sex inducing" disco music. Boy that was good music back then!!!!!!!!! And the disco ball, how romantic.And by the way I love Luke Duke and Starksy off of starsky and Hutch, and I prefered to be Mary Ann and I wanted the Professor in a bad way. Oh course the only posters we were allowed to have were of animals and I had lots of horses and the one with the kitten hanging on to a branch , "Hang in there Baby" . One was special to me
    it was a beautiful white horse running free, it said , " if you love something set it free, if it comes back to you, it's yours." I still live by that saying . I had a hippy mom, and she painted big giant flowers on my bedroom wall, with the big white canapy bed with butterflies. OOOHhhhhhhhhh those were the days. Thanks so much for the trip down memory lane, I had a good laugh.

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1
    Insulting people is applying bible principles???

i only point out the facts...

You're a coward!
    im not sure how have come to this coclusion since you
    have not seen me under stressful circumstances...unless
    of course your just pulling 3rd grade mentality......

Being half-spanish makes you intimidating? How?
    What's your other half? Or, in your opinion, is your other race an inferior one to Spanish?
    did i say being half spanish made me intimidating??...ummm no..again you are showing the typical anti behaviour of reading something that isnt there.....take a visit to my old town..see the race
    ratio..and you will have your answer.......and that comment of
    my other half being inferior is a sad indeed...you guys
    really do stretch for anything dont you.....typical

Athletic? I'm sure that the only thing athletic about your body is your jaw because you talk so much crap and you always end up eating your words.

are we gonna go through this again??..such weak insults...9.6

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit