Oh dear, problems...

by Abaddon 14 Replies latest jw friends

• siegswife
    siegswife

I hope it works out well for you, Abaddon.

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

I don't know what's worse, being fired or being asked to fire other people.

Aw, who am I kidding? Best of luck firing those poor bastards!

Hmmm

• rem
    rem

Abaddon,

I know the feeling, bro. I've survived three major layoffs in two years from a major telecom company (WorldCom) who bought out the ISP I work for (UUNET). WorldCom sucks - it's about the cheapest company I've ever worked for.

The whole industry sucks right now. Hopefully things will get better soon. Good luck, man!

rem

"We all do no end of feeling, and we mistake it for thinking." - Mark Twain
  • ISP
    ISP

Hope it works out!

Best wishes

ISP

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Thanks to everyone for your best wishes and comments... I won't know until later this afternoon; believe it or not, I also had to go to the dentist today to have a wisdom tooth removed! So I am sat here, rather sore and bloody-mouthed, not knowing whether I get the heave-ho or whether I have to give people the heave-ho, or whether I will have to choose between an 19 year-old who is better at the job and a 43 year-old who can do it anyway, and has a family and a mortgage.

Fun day!!

I'm fairly sanguine though; can't effect the outcome, so why worry? If I'm laid off, I get a few months redundancy and can start learning Dutch full-time whilst I seek work, and may well end up better off (it's a little too comfortable where I work; ten minutes from my house, just about enough money, just interesting enough to make it worthwhile without impinging on the other 16 hours of the day too much). I may end up working with a neighbour (back to web-page bollocks), or with a guy I work with now (mucking around with music).

I'll keep you posted...

People living in glass paradigms shouldn't throw stones...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit