Let's make a dictionary of Watchtower terms using Watchtower terms

by brotherunsure 20 Replies latest social humour

• brotherunsure
    brotherunsure

I'll start

Kingdom Hall: A place where cult members get together to be faithful and discreet

• Ding
    Ding

Faithful and discreet slave: A phrase from Matthew 24:45 (NWT) appropriated by the Governing Body to control the minds and lives of Jehovah's Witnesses.

• donny
    donny

Governing Body - The place and only place where Jehovah's utterances are uttered.

• Aware!
    Aware!

Evidently: Used interchangeably with clearly; esp. to prove a point without having to provide factual evidence.

• cedars
    cedars

It would be difficult to make a dictionary of Watchtower terms WITHOUT using Watchtower terms!

Cedars

• Cacky
    Cacky

Happifying - to make happy. I once read someone's post about that ridiculous made-up word that appeared in one of their books. Why is it I'm thinking Ciro came up with it, I don't know. But the poster said something like, "...it was so sadifying." It was pretty funny.

• stillin
    stillin

an "irregular publisher" is somebody not quite like anybody else in the congregation

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Here's a previous thread on the subject you might find useful:

WT Lexicon

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Soon: Not soon, in fact a very, very long time. You'll probably die first. Millions already have.

• cedars
    cedars

Disfellowshipping - the be forcibly removed as one of Jehovah's Witnesses (and stripped of any meaningful relationship with believing family members) at the decision of a Judicial Committee for actions that are deemed as "gross wrongdoing".

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit