Trinity Brochure

by flamegrilled 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• flamegrilled
    flamegrilled

Has anybody heard an official reason that the trinity brochure is deceased?

The GB have been released basically new versions of old brochures with wild abandon, and yet the trinity brochure which has absolutely no equivalent is no longer in print.

Why?

We all know there were dodgy references/quotations therein, but you would think by now the GB would have put some effort into a viable replacement IF IT WERE POSSSIBLE.

Nobody seems to be making too much of this as far as I can see.

The Trinity Brochure was very naughty. I think it has been sent to the corner to think about what it has done. But you would think that it was now about time that the GB had found a way to let it out again under an alter ego - no?

• designs
    designs

The editors got sent to do Laundry Room detail for 20 years as penance.

• flamegrilled
    flamegrilled

Bu seriously speaking there is a void. The Trinity is used as a big differentiator and yet there is nothing of substance to defend the position. Had the brochure been good it should have been an indispensible asset. Many of the faithful saw it that way. Many don't know why it isn't available.

• designs
    designs

They could rewrite the booklet and present a proper historical development of the different theologies and ideas about Jesus of Nazareth in the early Christian communities. I think they just haven't decided if they want to admit to embrace Bishop Arius's ideas.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

The Trinity brochure is the reason I am out. Or one of the reasons.

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

Besides blood have you seen many article on dogmas recently? These people are incapable of writting anything serious.

• designs
    designs

Leolaia- At least it did some good then.

• flamegrilled
    flamegrilled

NL - You are correct, I think they must be playing it safe. But then wouldn't it just be easier to leave the Trinity brochure in play. Some people are asking questions as to why it isn't available. (I am still in - I know)

• Sulla
    Sulla

designs, I don't think Arius was a bishop.

I think the meta-problem with the brochure is that there is not a single true statement in the entire thing. The development of the doctrine was really convoluted and there are plenty of people who think Arius was the conservative in the argument, but the JW arguments are simply too exotic to be taken seriously. Add to that the ease with which the references can be shown to be fraudulent, and you have a genuine problem. The thing is a net loser. If it is available, it invites examination.

• designs
    designs

You're right Sulla, Arius may have only been a Ministerial Servant with mic handling priviledges

'net loser' good description, can't believe we use to defend that thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit