Will we ever see another Ray Franz?

by Emery 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Emery
    Emery

Will we ever see another Governing Body member leave the Organization like Ray Franz did and speak out against them?

One can only imagine the kind of dirt that's been concealed behind those GB sessions since the 1980's.

What are your thoughts?

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Not likely.....but certainly possible.

That would be AWESOME!

• sir82
    sir82

The personal integrity of the 7 nincompoops on the GB now wouldn't fill the shoe of a little lego man. Those guys sold their souls long long ago to get where they are now.

So no, we're not likely to see another "crisis of conscience" compel someone to act.

Some little part of me hopes I am wrong, but I doubt it.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I think that they will always be very sure after Ray Franz to only appoint total syncophants - no more real thinkers.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Here's hoping Geoff Jackson's new bride plays Delilah or Jezebel and 'stimulates' his other functions besides the most obvious one.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I think that they will always be very sure after Ray Franz to only appoint total syncophants - no more real thinkers.

Since at one time there were 17 members, but it's now down to7members, it appears they are afraid to appointanyone!

Doc

• Indian Larry
    Indian Larry

I hope so. That would be fantastic. The thing is though that Ray Franz was a person with real integrity. Once he started the deeper research for the AID book and started to realize TATT then it was inevitable that he would be ejected. It is really too bad that no one on the GB has the personal strength to stand up and do as Ray did. Ray's books have changed my life and that of many others as well. If one of the GB today would do what Ray did only with the reach of the internet and all the media we have today it would be known by a lot more witnesses. I really do hate a lot of things about the ORG but, there are a lot of people stuck in there either being held by family or simply out of ignoranc of the truth. I would love if someone would stand up and do the right thing.

The problem is if you are with the org long enough to get into a position of authority then every single one of your friends is a witness. For someone to come forward like Ray did would mean losing every friend they know, losing their livelyhood, being gossiped about and compared to Satan.

It is a lose - lose for a GB member . . . . unless they really care about God and what he thinks of them. Not likely.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Unlikely.

As far as I can understand from reading his book, the only reason he went public was because the GB wanted to make an example out of him and disfellowshipped him.

Even after leaving the GB he was content to remain a Witness.

If they ever feel the urge to remove a GB member again, I doubt they will make the mistake of disfellowshipping him. Especially in the light of today's information age.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Are any of these 7 GB as accepting the challenge of serious researchers, writers, or knowing any greek or hebrew languages? Since the public WT & Awake mags are going half size, half as many articles and no indepth books, the writing staff obviously is cutting down activity.

I don't see them by their works or activities that they are stepping up to the needs of this 21st century and seem somewhat stunted and they are trying desparately to keep their members the same way. Their people are suffocating spiritually and/or life skills dying.

• dozy
    dozy

Very unlikely , though not impossible.

Ray Franz (RF) was appointed as a GB member at a time when it wasn't such an important committee - at that time it simply rubber stamped decisions made by the President , F W Franz & Karl Adams ( who wasn't even a GB member). It was more associated with the directors of the Watchtower society so was , to an extent , a boardroom committee.

All that changed in the mid-70's when the governing body became the Governing Body ( capitalised ). It then became the real power to enforce & generate doctrine & procedures & the prominence of the President was diminished.

Appointments to the GB are much more vetted now & any new appointees would have to be absolutely Society men to their bones. No-one like RF would ever be appointed or even be considered.

When I've occasionally heard talks by the existing GB , I don't see any sign of any of the scholarship , bible knowledge or humility of RF. Nor do I read any articles in the Watchtower that compares with those written by Franz or Ed Dunlap etc in the mid to late 70's. Has there ever been anything published to compare with Ed's "Commentary to the letter of James" , for example? All I read & hear nowadays is the work of somewhat creepy self righteous Society men.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit