For NFL fans

by jamesmahon 22 Replies latest social physical

• poppers
    poppers

I think I can see teams using lateral/backward passing as in rugby at some point.

You see it at the very end of a game as a desperation move, and it almost always fails. Coaches are aware of the riskiness of backward passing, and that's why it's so rarely used.

By the way, I know I will be hated for this but I am a Patriots fan.

No hatred from me, a lifelong Packers fan.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

It's a pass-first league now. That used to not work but teams with the pass-first have been winning Super Bowl's. Giants had the worst rush offense last year. Usually that is destined for disaster but they won the Super Bowl. There are still some great running backs out there but teams realized you are better off with a platoon to keep your running backs fresh. It is best to have a runningback for speed and another for power. Steelers utilized that with Jerome Bettis and Willie Parker back when they won the Super Bowl in 05-06. Willie Parker was the speedy guy, would get the defense tired chasing him around. Then you bring in Bettis and the other team couldn't get stand up to him. It is a good system to use.

Barry Sanders is my all-time favorite player. I don't think we will see another running back of that caliber again.

• Glander
    Glander

BTTT- Sunday 9/16

Seahawks rookie QB, Wilson, beat the pants off the Cowboys. Come on Romo, ---- or get off the pot!

My daughter and snl are big Seahawks fans. So I tend to root for Seattle, but I was hoping Romo would snap out of it.

Now it's going to be interesting to watch this kid, Russel Wilson.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit