Hello ~ New Here.

by witnomore 24 Replies latest jw friends

• witnomore
    witnomore

Although I haven't been a witness for over 20 years, it has taken me that long to finally feel brave enough to join another church (aka Christendom) and begin researching my past beliefs. All this research has opened a few old wounds, but mostly liberated me from a lot of quilt.

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes

Welcome Wit! Research is a good place to start.

tt

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Welcome,..

Research is your friend.

If your looking for some more info to help clear out the cobwebs in your mind stemming from the JWs be sure to read a few key books that are highly recommended on these sites.

Combatting Cult Mind Control by Steven Hassan

Captives of a Concept by Don Cameron

Crisis of Conscience by Raymond Franz

The last 2 are available via download.

Also other sites to frequent are jwfacts.com and also jehovahswitnessrecovery.com

• I quit!
    I quit!

Welcome on board. Joining another church to JW is worse than being a lying cheating pot smoking alcoholic child molester.

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

Welcome, Witnomore! Research, logical thinking and education are all important to staying out and guilt free.

Best wishes, Retro

• umadevi
    umadevi

Welcome to the board witnomore!

• EnlightenedEphesian
    EnlightenedEphesian

Welcome! I've just recently joined as well and find this site exhilirating! You're sure to enjoy!

EnlightenedEphesian

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Welcome...take off your shoes, sit down and stay awhile...?

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome to JWN! I was out for 13 years before I ever considered that the Watch Tower was full of it. And that was only because I saw Barbara Anderson and Bill Bowen on Dateline.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Welcome,witnomore!

You'll find people here in an almost infinite variety of circumstances, from people who are still in because of family pressures to people who have never been in but are even just thinking of going out with a JW, and every shade in between.

I was never baptised but just escaped baptism by the skin of my teeth. Yet being closely linked to JW's for the few years I was, has marked me considerably asnd the healing process takes a long time.

This question of whether or not to join another church or, in my case, pondering on whether or not to go back to the church I was in, or another church, or, in fact, no church at all, the course Iquit! above would have us follow, is a huge question and very individual. There is no one answer that will suit everyone. Some here become totally atheist, others passionately evengelical or charismatic, many agnostic, most are constantly researching and debating, and that's what makes this such a very interesting place.

Whatever the ongoing discussions are, and they are as many and varied as the people, the one thing you will find among the throng are some very, very caring and supportive people. Probably most coming here are wounded in some way. I know I was, and to a considerable extent still am. But it is a healing place, and before long everyone seems to find themselves giving as much as they receive.

That's what makes this noisy, tumultuous place so healing. That's why I keep coming.

Oh! I nearly forgot! It's a lot of fun too!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit