Now That You're Out Of "The Truth" What Do You Do With All The Extra Time?

by minimus 39 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Minimus:

Now that I am out of the Lie my non-work time is my own. It doesn't belong to anybody else and I refuse to feel guilty about it.

While I don't have a lot of time since I work and get home late, I have to do all my personal things on the weekend. I catch up on much needed sleep. This cannot be underestimated because I do not get enough sleep during the week and my body needs it more than ever before.

I also shop, cleaning, laundry and other household chores, sometimes get together with friends, make needed long phone calls (you just can't do that on a weeknight - it isn't the '80s anymore). Sometimes I have a doctor's appointment.

Don't misunderstand. I do not consider any of these chores to be a burden, they are part of a normal life and being alive and even though we all grumble, at some level they are satisfying. When they are done I vedge-out and watch TV.

I am grateful that I am no longer in that life-wasting religion.

• Emery
    Emery

I am still in but no longer study for the meetings or go out in service as much. Just show up for the meeting, associate, and leave. With the free time ive gained has been placed on sleeping and hang out time with the Wifey.

• minimus
    minimus

LHG, good 4u!

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

I spend it here and doing other research on JW beliefs

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I am able to work a flexible work schedule now. It is surprising how many more job opportunities are available when you are allowed to work past 6 PM on the weekdays.

@whathappened, me too!

• Jomavrick
    Jomavrick

How about "Live"? Life is so busy, there is not enough of it to go around or do all the things you like to do. The list of things I would like to do is so long, but between work and work and well,,, work you just pick up the small bits of available time here and there. Truth be told, even if I did believe in Witnessism - I wouldnt have time for it like I used to, meetings and field service and yada yada - are you kidding me??? The way I look at it is time is money, and they want my time, which is money to me. They are not getting either asset,,,,,,

• minimus
    minimus

I agree that work is much more profitable now. They wanna keep you dumb, fat and pregnant.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

My husband and I are able to work harder on our careers when you don't have the constraints of no Saturday, no Sunday, no Tues night, no Thu night blah blah blah. Which means a lot more money. We don't mind working harder because we have time to relax! We go on vacation, we are on vacation right now! Our neighbors are going to join us in a few hours (time for friends) Sitting in a cabin by a lake, oh we have a boat to enjoy too. I went back to college just prior to my fade and I am advancing my edu more starting in Aug. Really time to do everything that I care to make room for. NMKA

• Heaven
    Heaven

Work.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

I had a NAP while others went to the Sunday afternoon meeting....wow I feel great.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit