Now That You're Out Of "The Truth" What Do You Do With All The Extra Time?

by minimus 39 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Life is so short and being a Witness is such a waste of valuable time.

Now, I do not feel rushed or compelled to be at a meeting or out in field service. Much less stress!

• undercover
    undercover

Weekends are true weekends now.

Used to be, as a JW, weekends were busier than work weeks. Preparing for service, service, preparing for WT study, public meeting, WT study, more service, feed the speaker or associate with other cultists (I didn't realize how stressfull associating with most dubs at the hall really was until I didn't have to do it anymore). I got to where I looked forward to going back to work on Monday, where I could settle in to a more relaxed style of staying busy.

Now, weekends are late nights, music clubs, bars, restaurants, cooking out, movies, wineries, museums, festivals, camping, family.... and it's on our terms. If wanna do something, we do it. If we're not feeling it, we decline and stay home. Of course, now, just like everyone else, I dread Mondays...

• justmom
    justmom

I couldn't agree with you more.

Now we can do kind deeds for others to (anybody not just Jws) ....Thats a relief in itself. LOL

justmom

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Sleeping in is soooo relaxing on a weekend.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

LMAO... The Best Question I think You Ever Asked......

Livin' My Life GUILT FREE With All The Rewards Of those Who will Die in Armageddon with Me.............

And Being the Happiest I have EVER BEEN!!!!!!

And That IS NO LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• moshe
    moshe

Relaxing and enjoying my planned and secure retirement, while waiting for the JWs to come by with the latest "new light", but for some reason they don't go door to door around here-

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I spend a lot of it educating myself, we were denied true knowledge entirely as JW's, I spend a lot of time playing my favourite sport, manyhors days and nights a week, or working for the clubs that provide that sport, I spend a lot more time on my children who never became JW's, Gawd bless 'em !

We also lay in as long as we like on both weekend days, and do our own thing on the rest of the day that is left, it is fu**ing marvellous !

• freshstart
    freshstart

Working on myself - by that I mean trying to deal with the issues that were brought on by my suck-ass childhood at the hand's of my psychotic mother and abusive father (who of course was/is LOVED by all in the congregation). My goal is to get better so that my child/ren (soon to be a mother of 2!) can have a great life and a mother who is not conditional in her love and affection.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I use my free time to post here on JWN.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Being much more balanced and suffering a lot less anxiety.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit