What was the last great deal you got?

by Chemical Emotions 21 Replies latest jw friends

• St George of England
    St George of England

I could make a loss running a bring & buy sale!

George

• Miles3
    Miles3

Free one on one phone calls with Jesus, son of the Master of the Universe. Not just a generic Jesus, like the one offered by the church around the corner, but a handmade one, a one-of-a-kind Jesus tailored to your tastes, unique exemplar of the Master of the Universe's Son whose opinions are not lame like those of others' Jesus. No two Jesus are similar, each is a custom fit! Comes with a secret name only the True Believer will recognise, and may or may not provide answers to the most pressing questions of the Universe depending on the weather (note: answering module provided in a separate package, seek online help for instructions, or consult your GP for a hearing aid). Questions answered may be: What is the color of eternal fire? Who will YOUR Jesus eventually kill? Why can't atheists let me preach undisturbed, and when will they stop asking me so many questions? Where is that bloody prescription hiding again?

Fortunately, I looked at the fine print before accepting the nice lady's offer. You have to relinquish your sanity, and seeing her ramble, the secondary effect are quite severe. Guess I'll have to pass till a better deals comes by, and in the mean time I'll have to do with my brain.

• Farkel
    Farkel

:What was the last great deal you got?

Actually, it was a trade I did. I traded slavery for freedom, no life for a real life, a menial trade for a real profession (several, actually), minimal sex for all the sex I could handle, 25 hours wasted per week for 25 hours I could enjoy any way I wanted, a false "hope" for a realistic viewpoint and fake friends for real friends.

It was a good trade.

Farkel

• Twitch
    Twitch

$75 for a brand new AKG C2000 condensor microphone. Not bad...

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

Hubby got a PS3 with 2 controllers and 3 games for free. Dude posted it on Craiglist after his kids were fighting over it, threw the controllers at each other, and broke a couple of windows. Hubby responded to the post first. He bought the guy a 12 pack- didn't want to give the guy nothing for it.

• undercover
    undercover

A couple of days ago, I owed 12 dollars at a parking deck. Gave the cashier my debit card. "We only take cash". I grabbed a wadded up clump of bills in the console, counted out 9 dollars and asked, "how about 9? That's all I've got." The lady was sympathetic to my plight, took my $9 and opened the gate for me.

Not a great deal money wise, but hey, it saved me time and trouble. I didn't have to re-park and go find an ATM, come back, get back in line and be even later to my next appointment...

• designs
    designs

Set of 4 signed Lithographs by a contemporary of Picasso, bought them at a garage sale for $12 and then the artist died.

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

I got a free college level education at my local kingdom hall. I keep forgetting to update my resume.

• Indian Larry
    Indian Larry

A local pawn shop sells the unused credit on store gift cards for .60 on the dollar. So you can get a gift card (to Dick's Sporting Goods for instance) and save 40% then if you can find a good sale on top of that you are even further ahead. They verify the amount left on the card when you buy it. Also there is a 800 number on each card that you can call to find the balance.

People get gift cards for Birthdays etc. and would rather have cash (usually because the crack/meth dealer does not accept gift cards) so they take the gift card to the pawn shop and sell it for a fraction of the face value.

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

:What was the last great deal you got?

Actually, it was a trade I did. I traded slavery for freedom, no life for a real life, a menial trade for a real profession (several, actually), minimal sex for all the sex I could handle, 25 hours wasted per week for 25 hours I could enjoy any way I wanted, a false "hope" for a realistic viewpoint and fake friends for real friends.

It was a good trade.

Farkel

That DOES sound like a good trade. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit