Nothing like a JW memorial service...

by Princess Daisy Boo 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

: JW funerals can turn into an Infomercial or a MLM rah rah session. They don't know how to do Eulogies well.

I'll never forget the reprt of that lunatic Fred Franz presiding over a dub funeral. The first words or "eulogy" out of his mouth were, "Isn't it grand to be ALIVE!"

What a clueless raving twit that piece-of-shit was.

Farkel

• baltar447
    baltar447

I loathe JW funerals. They make my blood boil. They often get someone that doesn't even KNOW the person that passed worth a damn. I dialed in to a friend of the family's funeral talk since I couldn't make the actual service. It was really crappy. I felt awful for the family of the deceased. No true remembering of the person, a measely couple of sentences were said about the individual and they weren't even very accurate. I was disgusted.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Hey Princess, sorry about your uncle and the memorial service recruitment talk that followed.

If you haven't followed the WTS much lately, they are seriously moving toward a harder line/full cult status. I would say there aren't many JW-lites in the congos, and if so they will be either pushed out or forced to toe the line if they want to stay in.

• tinker
    tinker

Offering my condolences Princess. Like you I have moved on and do not come here very often. But on occation I need to vent or read others comments so I don't feel so all alone. Just a few weeks ago my MIL called to let us know they would no longer be associating with us. She had been holding out hope that we would return to the "meetings" but now she has to take a "stand" in hopes that we would come to our senses. AS IF!

My hushand and I are heartsick because we love them but this new "stand" changes things. After some long talks John has concluded that he will not attend their memorial services when that time comes. They are elderly and could Go any time so we are ready. He is an only child and no other close family in so paying respect won't be such an issue. Their congo is their family and they have all shunned us for years. He will write an Obit to submit to the local newpaper because that will be the only way to eulogies his parents.

Designs is so Right On, JW memorials are one long Infomercial and we are not buying it any longer.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Condolences Princess, and sorry that you suffered that frustration.....

I am regularly around meetings, due to family, but I am still annoyed and squirm when I go to a funeral. They just have no sensitivity at all, do they?

When one of my own passed away, I complained to the speaker for slipping jokes into it ! (tasteless jokes at a funeral, indeed!)

encouraging each other to make good of their studies and grow strong in the truth again so that they could see their dad again.

That is so sad, seeing people succumb to emotional blackmail...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit