Economic rationality, or how ideology has broken our economy.

by JonathanH 22 Replies latest jw friends

• JonathanH
    JonathanH

genetic fallacy has its uses. Namely if he was so egregiously wrong about who to align himself with, how do I know his stats are going to be legit? I could spend hours trying to research his data, where he got it, how it was calculated, ect. Or I could dismiss it and get my information from sources that aren't using words like "presstitute." He may be a very nice guy, he may be very smart, he may make a salient point, but I'm not going to waste time double checking his information because the article is on a website that espouses the view that maybe Bush was a reptile alien. There are other sources out there that have information that isn't tainted by insanity. But that is neither here nor there. That has nothing to do with this topic. If you really feel it important to continue this discussion, feel free to PM me. But I don't want this turning into a topic about NWO or this guy's credentials, or logical fallacies.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

JonathanH:

I'm not trying to persue any argumentative discourse with you. I was simply trying to point you to a view point that you might not have considered based on your thread title. You have to accept that as strangers on the internet, where you are 'coming from' with this thead may not be as clear to others as it is to you.

But like I said, the link I posted, you are welcome to take it or leave as is your desire.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

This scheme has been around for quite a while. 20 years ago I was working for a firm that adopted a quality management program. One of the things that changed was that we had meetings where we would develop manuals for our proceedures. I was getting the sense that the whole thing was being "facilitated" to an end with the illusion that it was our ideas. Some people would quit there, and they would not be replaced. Instead, the work load increased with no corresponding increase in pay. This was ironic, since part of the program was happy talk about how productive we would be and the bonuses that would result. They never materialized. When I resigned there, I packed up a box of my stuff and also got some of the training material, including some that was meant for higher ups at the firm. The "secret manual" was titled Total Quality Management with a Minimum Wage Workforce. It was about squeezing the workers for more production without paying them any more. Welcome to the future!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit