No more 3-day DCs starting in 2013?

by respectful_observer 162 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Years ago,I remember there already being more Circuit Assemblies. Didn't there used to be two? Then it dropped down to 2 Special Assembly Days and one Circuit. And now,it dropped down to one Circuit and one Special day.

I heard this rumor about two years ago and started a thread about this,but no one ever takes me too seriiously here,lol.

But,we shall see if they do away with the conventions. A lot of Witnesses will be happy about this,but many will also be disappointed.

At the very least,I think the conventions are just going to get smaller and smaller. The District I was in,was assigned to a much smaller venue for the convention this year. There is usually 6,000,to sometimes up to 11,000,now,it's at a place that only seats 3-4,000.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Just think: it was 54 years ago when NYC had about 253,000 dubs at just one assembly. It was either 7 or 8 days long. There was an entire tent city built to accommodate attendees. Both Yankee Stadium AND the Polo Grounds were filled to capacity.

Now, a half-century later, the once-mighty WTS is reduced to "conventions" that are smaller than evangelical tent gatherings in the woods.

How the mighty have fallen, being brought down by their own hubris.

When "Jehovah" makes a "simplification arrangement", He REALLY makes a simplification arrangement!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Farkel

• blondie
    blondie

It was explained to us when they went to one 2-day circuit assembly and one 1-day special day to accommodate scheduling more circuits in the assembly hall. Could they change that to 2 one-day special days to free up more weekends for the district conventions...very possible. How many still have circuit A and B and maybe C. Could combine those as well.

I can remember the 7 day conventions from 9 am to 9 pm (mornings were field service). I was young then and it was hard to stay awake till 9 pm every night, especially when Fred Franz or Knorr went over 45 minutes or more.

As to getting money, the elders from the assigned congregations would meet and if enough money was not received, each congregation would be assessed their portion to pay of the deficit.

• blondie
    blondie

Why don't they have those large screens I see used at music events, other religious events, etc. Or maybe they do...haven't been for 11 years.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Just think: it was 54 years ago when NYC had about 253,000 dubs at just one assembly. It was either 7 or 8 days long.
    There was an entire tent city built to accommodate attendees. Both Yankee Stadium AND the Polo Grounds were filled to capacity...Farkel

This is the Stage and Seating..

For the new smaller 2 day Assemblies..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Outlaw - Hahhahahahah LOL!!!

Now THAT is some funny....

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I think I might have discovered a reason for the "no assembly" rumors . . . . LAWSUIT!

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

There is a new lawsuit filed against the Watchtower. The case is 12-1641 United States District Court of the Eastern District of Louisiana ("Maddox v. Integro Insurance Brokers, Christian Congregation of New York, Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witneses, Inc. and Victors").

From reading some of the court documents, this is what I gather happened...

A JW couple, the Victors, drove an elderly person to the District Convention. The DC was at apparently at the Mitchell Center at the University of South Alabama on July 1-3, 2011,

At the DC, the Victors and elderly woman tried to find a seat for in the elderly section at the bottom floor. But the attendant said that there was no seat. So, they went back into the stands and found a seat. Unfortunately, when the group left taking the stairs, the elderly woman slipped and fell. The injuries led to her death. Her family is now suing the WTS & the JWs who took her to the convention.

The lawsuit appears to be suing under the American with Disability/Fair access type laws, as well as tort laws, requiring special care and access for anyone who needs it.

I don't have the full court documents yet. Stay tuned.

But, could this case be the reason the WTS wants to move all conventions to their facilities?

• yknot
    yknot

Well let me see...

In my area...

Our DCs are never filled to capacity...

(I have visited other DCs in my state where they barely have half of the rented facility filled)

Our CAs and SpADs have huge chunks of empty seating...

SOOOOOO.....(WILD SPECULATION PROCEEDING)

Here is what I would do..... I would take the OLD RUMOR of smaller circuits/larger districts/more COs (or CO-lites)/less DOs and implement it fully.

Thus the WTS exacted more control, had COs who could hold a job (like Mormon counterparts do), less DOs and larger districts which allowed for the seating to be stacked to show Jah's abundance..... and was able to keep the Assembly Halls booked every weekend!

Ta-da !

• yknot
    yknot

Dreaded Dastardly Double post!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit