Jesus is going to kill you.....when he come back!

by trailerfitter 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• trailerfitter
    trailerfitter

Really?... these are the exact words from the mouth of a 7 year old boy to his father , namely me (the father).

Yes I am a non believer but also very concerned that his mother, an active & obsessed JW is filling his mind with this sort of thing. Alarm bells are ringing in my head because last night was not the first time he said it. I had confronted her about this before and she simply said that that he had misunderstood what she had taught him. No, I think he clearly understood what she was teaching him. In discussion she just gave me a manakin stare and powered down any receptivity. Oddly too the child is also doing the emotional statement then shutting down mentally not to recieve.

My parents are catholics. Not once did anyone introduce this sort of idea into my head however thanks to the JWs it is clear what sort of insultive manipulators the Watchtower are. JESUS and JEHOVAH ARE BULLIES It is time to teach children about the type of people who use threats, especially of death if they do not follow. Its a gun to head ordering compliance. What sort of mentally ill people tell a child this sort of thing?

• St George of England
    St George of England

As head of the house (WT speak) you have every right to stop your wife from taking your son to any meetings and as a faithful wife she must respect your decision.

The fact you are a non-believer (in JW's that is) has nothing to do with your God given authority in the house.

Remind your wife of that fact!

George

• cofty
    cofty
    No, I think he clearly understood what she was teaching him

I am sure you are right about that.

St George is spot on. She will get lots of sympathy from other dubs for having an "opposing husband" but you can say no to your child going to meetings.

Just think of all the fun things you could replace it with.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Here's what I was told over and over by my mother, pioneer sisters and elders my entire life growing up: Jehovah is going to kill your unbelieving father at Armageddon.

I truly believed and feared this until I woke up about two years ago, as a FORTY YEAR OLD MAN.

If that isn't mental abuse, I don't know what is!

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Trailerfitter, I'm very glad you posted that.

It shows the reality behind that Caleb DVD.

It's only the WT that portrays Jesus/God in this fashion, and it is exactly as you say, wicked and manipulative.

"Give me a child until he is seven" etc...children are so impressionable, and I'd say you vcertainly ought to stop him going to any further meetings. And keep a close on eye on what she says to him to.

I'm in total agreement with George and Cofty.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Yeah, my mom was sad when my dad died but she would say things like "at least he'll be resurrected now and won't die at Armageddon." That is messed up man.

• mind blown
    mind blown

I can only imagine how you must be feeling I'm sure you've been loving with your wife but this is horrible and unacceptable!

I would not let up on her. Since she's a die hard JW she will only reason on those terms, maybe some here can give you some advice/help on how to reason with your wife on how she needs to show respect for you and how God is also loving......you can always pull the stumbling card .......

I wish you well

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

trailerfitter wrote:

she simply said that that he had misunderstood what she had taught him. No, I think he clearly understood what she was teaching him.

Maybe she's correct. He didn't understand the teaching about obfuscating. As his mind develops, he will learn more from the JW's about how to manipulate language. At the moment, he's just blurting out the unfiltered version of what he is being taught. Give it time, and he'll absorb their style of dishonesty. They'll make a good liar out of him. They used to call it theocratic warfare.

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

Trailerfitter: Sorry to hear your wife is disrespecting you like that, By using your child to bring you down. My ex used that tactic on me by using my daughter. I would stay home from the meetings and my daughter would come home after the indoctrination ceremonies, and she would be crying about me dying at Armageddon. " I don't want you to die at Armageddon please come to the meetings."

It shows disrespect for the mate and is harming the child by putting negative ideas in their head, which can be traumatic.

Tell her to look up 1 Peter 3:1-2 and read it. And see if she really is a true Christian by applying it. (1) "In like manner, you wives, be in subjection to your own husbands, in order that, if any are not obedient to the word, they may be won without a word through the conduct of their wives,(2) because of having been eyewitnesses of your chaste conduct together with deep respect.

I hope that helps.

Kojack

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Sorry to hear this is happening to you, trailer fitter. You will probably see the very worst side of the Witnesses, as there is no-one more fanatical than a new convert. The trouble is; your son at his age has no way of knowing what is real and what is not- all the Armageddon talk probably scares the bejezzuz out of him. You could try to teach him critical thinking… or just tell him that these are just silly stories from a 2000 year-old book- which is what I recommend. Or find a way to give him a mainstream religious education- maybe his school has classes? Whatever…. But kids do trust what their parents tell them- please don’t let this Witness spiritual abuse continue unchecked.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit