Why do you Still believe in a god?

by mrbunyrabit 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jemba
    jemba

OldGen that was fantastic. Well written. Thanks.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

It would take far too much time to explain, but there are numerous reasons to believe in a God, especially the biblical God.

Jehovah's Witnesses is a somewhat ridiculous religion with an absurd eschatology and a completely baseless claim on the Kingdom of God. When one looks at Isaiah 53, for example, and compares it with the scriptures in the New Testament, we see a literal and impressive fulfillment. So, too, Jesus prophesied that Jerusalem would be utterly destroyed by the Romans and they were. Prophets also prophesied that the Jews would be gathered from all nations and restored to their ancestral homeland. And it happened. Isaiah wrote: " And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea. And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth." The first time was the restoration of Jerusalem at the time of the Babylonian conquest. The second time is the gathering we're seeing now.

The Romans scattered the Jews in 70 A.D. and now we're seeing the fulfillment of prophecy. Zechariah also writes of our day and of the Second Coming: " And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem. And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn." (See Zechariah 12) In prophecy, Jerusalem will be attacked by a massive army and delivered by the Lord. How did an Old Testament prophet know that the Lord [Jehovah] would be "pierced"? And that Jerusalem would be a major power in the region in the latter days.

See also:

a

b

Prophecy also dictates that Israel's enemies in the latter days would be those "round about" the nation. How did the prophets know that?

Here is another aspect of prophecy that points to some of the predictions by John in Revelation. There also are the prophecies of Daniel in chapters 2 and 9 that were fulfilled to the letter:

c

This is only a very short treatise on why one should believe in a God. Drop me a private message and I can provide you with other salient reasons if you wish.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit