Why do you Still believe in a god?

by mrbunyrabit 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mrbunyrabit
    mrbunyrabit

If i may ask, for those on this site, who still believe in a god in their own way... Why do you still believe in a god?

Since every thing in the bible can be shot down with reason, Why would you still believe in a god?

• Diest
    Diest

What if they looked outside of the bible for a god an found one? What if it is just a sense they have, but are not linked to a religious tradition?

I dont believe in a personal god, but just throwing some ideas out there.

• Quentin
    Quentin

You don't need the bible, nor any sacred writings, to have a belief in Deity.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Exactly as said above, not that any argument has been offered yet as to why believing in a god makes any sense.

I think it is possible, if not probable that in the vastness of the Universe there are "beings" that are superior to us, there may even be a Supreme Being, though if there is one, how would it know it was Supreme ? Just like Yahweh etc ? 'coz they say they are ?

All I know for sure is I have seen no satisfactory evidence for such beings, and if they exist, so far they have had no effect upon my life, and in the few short years I have left, I doubt they will.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I don't beleive in any God that organized religion teaches about. Anyway I'm not even sure what one would call God. I do pray as more or less a form of positive reinforcement and sending out good intentions.

In my mind I have no distinct form of belief about any Deity, god or goddess, maybe Consciousness as the basis or ground of all that exist,,, for without any consciousness nothing exist,, maybe you can call this God or even perhaps No God or nothingness or whatever metaphor ones language finds useful.

I feel no need to appease a vengeful god like the biblical deity,,He seems to be merely reflect the level of psychic development among the Isrealites at the time, prone to wrath, jealousy, and petty human feelings,,, a projection if you will of the inner psychic life of the worshipper on to an imaginary Deity or God image.

• donny
  • frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Donny,

The internet explore doesnt post try Google crome or Firefox internet explorer for better results.

• donny
    donny

If there is a higher being out there, it sure ain't paying any attention to our section of the universe. As for the time being, I place my trust in the all powerful "Warrior Wizard" Sparlock.

• donny
    donny

Thanks frankie. I forget how lame IE can be.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I still believe in God it's not easy to explain on this forum why. Nothing I have read on here has made any difference to my belief in God.

"Since every thing in the bible can be shot down with reason"

I don't think this is a true statement

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit