July 15th WT - WT Society Promotes " Freedom " by using Fear & Guilt

by flipper 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS. has always deceived the public to what their intentions really are and that is to have their own subservient slaves to be controlled

by their hand of power. These slaves bring free labor and money and to support the very power that these men so much sought out.

Religion really is about power, money and control, its also about deceptive illusions and mental manipulations to cultivate which is being sought.

• VM44
    VM44

"While engaging in conversation at the Kingdom Hall, do you keep a firm grip on your belongings lest they disappear ? "

Wasn't there a significant theft problem at Bethel with personal items disappearing?

• nugget
    nugget

The society likes to create the impression the people outside the congregation are all at the mercy of their baser emotions and that they live in a lawless society. However the multiple laws apply to everyone and certainly people within the congregations have broken mans laws many times without even admitting that they were wrong. What is different is that the people in the organisation are less free than people outside. Because they are unable to use judgement and discernment they are told what to do in every aspect of life including; love, attire, employment, interactions, thoughts and entertainment. Whilst people outside have moral capacity and maturity, witnesses need constant rules.

The tone is extremely judgemental rather than suggesting weak ones should be shown love and encouragement the advice here is to cut them loose. Harsh, uncompromising and cruel describe the organisation more than free.

I find the freedom to consider what I think on matters much more liberating. To be able to listen to debate and form an opinion is something to be cherished.

• FollowedMyHeart
    FollowedMyHeart

I see a recipe for control.

Watchtower says: The world is a horrible, scary place; the only place of safety is the organization. JW thinks: "This is the only place I can be."

Watchtower says: Be careful about others in the cong. JW thinks: "This is the only place I can be (fear of the world). I can't trust everyone here (fear of fellow JWs)."

Watchtower says: Your own heart, thoughts, intuition, self is equal to Satan and the horrible, scary world. JW thinks: "This is the only place I can be. I can't trust other JWs. I can't trust myself."

This recipe has now created an obedient JW. Their only option left is: "I can only trust the FDS. I can only trust the GB. I can only trust the WT."

The WBTS has suscinclty stripped away any other option, thus setting themselves up as the only entity that can be trusted.

FM

• Quendi
    Quendi

Reading this latest post by flipper only reaffirms my decision to never, ever return to the WTS or support it in any way. "Spiritual paradise" indeed! Spiritual hell is the best label for this organization. I count myself blessed because if I had not been disfellowshipped, I would still be a prisoner. Some of the people I love are still trapped inside, and I don't know if they'll ever get out. I can only hope they will find the courage to leave because that is the only way they'll be able to seek happiness and freedom.

Quendi

• Cacky
    Cacky

That was really something, the back and forth, trust all jws, watch out for some jws, you are bad, you are loved. Whenever I read this kind of thing I just worry about the effect on my jw daughters. Thanks for posting it. Very interesting.

• BU2B
    BU2B

I looked over this article about freedom as well and it seemed to me that what is described is more like enslavement. To be truly free we must accept the risks of life and cherish our liberty. Most JW's are certainly not free, but enslaved totally heart mind and soul to seven men in Patterson, NY. As for me I am a physical captive but not a mental one. Freedom and liberty are also all but gone the remnants, fast evaporating here in the USA. NDAA takes away all freedom and makes this country into a dormant police state. CISPA takes away internet freedom, threatening all websites. Freedom must always be actively pursued. If the WTS idea of freedom is really freedom then its not worth it. I choose to pursue true Christian Freedom that Jesus died to make available to us. The WTS seeks to replace true freedom with talmud like laws, rules, traditions of men, and legalism.

Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin 1775

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

Hi Mr Flipper!

from you OP

Those who are enthralled by the world's spirit and who indulge their fleshly desires may THINK they are free. The reality, however , is quite the opposite. Mountains of rules and regulations are necessary to curb their hurtful appetites and behavior.

But . . .doesn't the WT, officially at least, tell it's members to comply with the laws of Society? So they need to obey all the "rules and regulations that apply to "worldly ones", plus everything else the WT loads on top. That's now called "freedom"? No wonder the article is all over the place!

He saw a heart that would be receptive to his liberating law, a heart that would SUBMIT to His kind influence. "

To me this is worse still. So "Jehovah", the loving father of all, causes billions of souls to be born, creates a chosen few with the right "heart condition" and sets them up to be saved while the rest go to oblivion? But of course in two "classes", the earthly and heavenly? And further, these must still "earn" their salvation (ie SUBMIT, and lose their freedom) or perish with the not-chosen?

Doesn't stack up too well against most human parents, does he?

Retro

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Physically, JWs aren't locked in prison and bound with chains. But mentally, JWs are in miserable bondage:

• flipper
    flipper

Thanks for the great replies ! Worked all last night, finally have a little time to reply.

CULT CLASSIC- Very true, I agree- freedom does not equate with being a JW, that's why the article is so ironic ! LOL ! And the guilt the WT society put on us about how we had sex was incredibly controlling. Like yourself, I was always being watched, it was disturbing indeed.

BREAKFAST of CHAMPIONS- So true- WT society tells Witnesses not to even trust their own heart in order to keep them feeling so messed up inside that they can't think straight and makes them rely more and hang on every GB word. I try not to get too worked up when I write this stuff, but yes indeed, it does a number on your blood pressure. Warning well taken !

CARLA- Good point you make that the WT societys entire teachings are based on fear, guilt, and works, so by isolating themselves into this tight nit secret society they alienate everybody else outside the Witnesses and reinforce that indeed, yes, they are a dangerous mind control cult.

WT WIZARD- Like yourself, I too feel much more freedom in the REAL world outside of JW land. It's so much less pressure !

LONG HAIR GAL- Very good point you bring up that if the WT society honestly layed the cards on the table for prospective converts at the start and didn't sugar coat all the information- it's doubtful ANYBODY would join the Witnesses. Thus one reason I believe they started printing TWO versions of the WT magazine a few years ago - to soft pedal the message to new converts, then bring the axe down on them with the JW only WT once they get baptized at WT studys. And indeed the WT society doesn't encourage people to be close to each other as Witnesses, thus the statement it's not a " social club ". WT society really seeks to conquer and divide families actually. And create obedient, programmed robots. Personally I feel a hell of a lot safer around non-Witnesses myself.

SIMON 17- I'll have to read " The Fountainhead " , sounds very interesting. Thanks for the suggestion.

FINKELSTEIN- Good point, I feel the WT society uses all that oppression not only to keep JW's in controlled lock down mode, but as you say to promote a fickle, imaginary goody two shoes image to the outside public thus duping prospective converts so they are none the wiser about what REALLY goes on behind closed doors !

Your comment, " religion is really about power, money, and control ". Man, you've got that right ! And they use manipulation in order to KEEP and MAINTAIN that power , money, and control over JW members !

SLIMBOYFAT- Thanks for the good advice on my formatting. I'll take that advice and use it on my next thread. To make it more understandable.

CLARITY- Very true the WT society keeps JWs on a roller coaster their entire life. They never know if they are coming or going so true. I'm glad we got out too sis.

VM 44- Indeed, I think there WAS a big problem with Bethelites ripping off fellow Bethelites ! Good point !

NUGGET- So true what you say in how the WT society tries to portray ALL non-Witnesses as thugs, untrustworthy and evil. Yet non-Witnesses DO have the ability to use their own critical thinking skills- something Witnesses are not allowed to do. JWs are really captives of a concept without any freedom whatsoever.

FOLLOWEDMYHEART- Exactly. The WT society sets itself up as the ONLY entity that can be trusted. By using guilt and fear to control Witnesses they scare the Be-Jesus out of them to even TRY trusting anybody on the outside of the organization. So manipulative and controlling !

QUENDI- I'm glad you are not going back. You'd just lose your freedom Quendi. It definitely WAS a spiritual hell being a Witness and I share your hopes that many more escape the imprisonment of WT slavery.

CACKY- I wonder about the effect of this yo-yo information on my JW daughters as well. All it can possibly do is mess their minds up even more and confuse them even more ! Very sad.

BU2B- You nailed it- WT society is all about enslavement, not freedom. It's amazing how 7 men on the GB can control and mesmerize 7 million Jehovah's Witnesses, isn't it ? Crazy.

RETROVIRUS- The WT society tells it's members to comply with laws of the land if it doesn't interfere with God's laws. But more realistically the WT society tells it's members to comply with the laws of the land if it doesn't interfere with the WT society's financial plans for the future, otherwise elders are to uphold WT policies , even if unlawful, if it's to the benefit of the billion $$$ corporate interests of the WT society. Money is the bottom line. It's truly a criminal organization.

BILLY the EX-BETHELITE- What a scary picture ! But accurately describes how controlled and bound up JW's are ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit