Divorce: Are 'Worldly' People More Ethical?

by metatron 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Tooz
    Tooz

"everyone takes sides and hate flows freely ...."

Very true.

Also the idea of "scriptural divorce" is a mistranslation of Greek to English.

Jesus was condeming the Jewish leaders for causing agunot (a huge problem in that time period) ... and the JW's current "understanding" twists Jesus' words to actually cause agunot.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I have this Arab customer who was married to an Armernian woman (muslim -vs- christian) they had a child together and ran a business where one sublet a portion of the business from the wife.

He was a big flirter, she was a mean bitch (I ran into her bitch side a thousand times in the 8 years I've done business with her).

After 13 years of marriage and a 8 year old child they divorced.

he comes to his business monday morning to be greeted by the sheriff, and told he's not allowed inside his business, and has a restraining order against him.

He has no say, her name is on the lease.

He then rents an apartment 2 blocks away with his brothers $$$$ help.

She not only takes his business, and tries to run it................... but the workers don't last more than 2 weeks before they quit on her (4 or 5 crews so far).

one day (he's unemployed and living off his brothers generosity) he walks across the street with the dog. she videotapes it, runs to the police station and get's him arrested on $7,500 bon for breaking the limits of the restraining order.

He calls his 8 year old with no answer. She holds him from him. his child has been told (I heard from her) that his father has given him up!

you get the picture.................. divorce is not civil........... it gets personal

true story, the jail was served this thursday!

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Civil Divorce is not allowed in a JW Congregation. SOMEONE HAS to be the EVIL GUILTY party.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit