OMG

by coffee_black 11 Replies latest jw friends

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

So I'm working in my Showroom and a couple walk in with 3 adorable little kids. I worked with them a while...and they left... and I sat back down at my desk to work on the computer. A little while passes... and I heard this little voice say "I want my mommy!" The parents were long gone...they had left one of the little ones behind.

A few minutes later one of our reps walked in...thankfully...and I told him what happened. He was great, and kept the little boy occupied while I went to work trying to figure out how to contact the parents. I had a couple of clues... they said they were working with a contractor...which meant that the contractor would be working with one of our reps.... so i sent out an email blast to all of our reps with a discription....

Finally about 45 minutes later the little boy's father called, and said the mother was on her way back to get him.

Whew! Never a dull moment around here!.

Coffee

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Wow! Yikes! Scary! I'm glad it had a happy ending!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Sounds like a "What Would You Do?" moment.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I'm glad they didn't leave the child in their hot car or something. I can see how this can happen when people are traveling in two cars. Were they in one or two cars?

• caliber
    caliber

Hee hee hee.. Reminds me of when I was little , Dad loaded up all us kids after a night of visiting a neighbor in the country

there was four of us kids all but one of us was very blonde and blue eyed. Half way home someone realized there were too many

little blonde haired blued eyed kids.. He had loaded up one of the neighbors kids too !! They too were blonde blue eyed ! the stray kid never said a word !!

• yknot
    yknot

OMG!!!

Poor tyke!!!

but as a mom OMG, OMT, OMH OMG OMG OMG....

(sorry never lost one of mine .....way too over-protective)

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Recently the prime minister of the UK forgot his daughter and left her alone in a pub. The media consensus was that every parent has done it and it was rather cute. I am not a parent so I wouldn't know.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

My mom left me on a street corner when I was a kid. I was about 7 years old and we were leaving the home of one of her "studies". My brother got in the front seat and shut the door. My arms were full of books and I went to grab the door handle of the car and she just took off, leaving me there. She got all the way down the street before realizing I wasn't in the car. She said later that she thought she heard both doors shut and asked my brother if I was in the car and he said yes (without checking).

That poor kid, though! Thank goodness you were able to use avenues to track down his parents!

• umadevi
    umadevi

This thread brings to my mind about an incident that happened when my son was 3. It was a Sunday, I took him to shopping complex. It was packed and we were just about get of the escalator on first floor when my son suddenly shook off my hold on him and ran off into the crowd. I ran after him, calling his name but he diasappeared. I informed the security officer and it took us 2 hours to locate him. He was on the 4th floor, crying. It was definitely a moment of OMG!

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

FHN They were in 1 car.... I still can't figure out how they didn't realize they were missing one... I mean they had to strap them into car seats...

The Mom just said thank you when she came back to get him. I think she was VERY embarrassed.

Coffee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit