The 144 000, what do they do every day?

by Lazarus 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lazarus
    Lazarus

No, really, I'm in this club for over 20 years now and did the revelation book about half a dozen times. I can't remember that this topic was brought up just once. I mean, this heavenly kingdom is one of the most important things in history of mankind, it reigns for 98 years and we know nothing about it?

Beside the comical answers (which I appreciate very much), is there anyone who can explain seriously what I - as a good JW sheep - have to believe?

• Lazarus
    Lazarus

To avoid misunderstanding, I'm talking only about the lucky ones who are already in heaven.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Shhhhh, it's a secret!

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

Choir practice of the song that no others know how to sing?

Getting their make-up just right to make a good looking bride?

Shoe shopping?

• jemba
    jemba

JWs over the last 130 years have been very careful not to speculate on anything.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Very good point. Okay, let's say the JW's are right. The 144,000 are ruling in heaven. Along comes the new world. Then the thousand year reign. Okay, after the thousand year reign when everybody becomes perfect, what exactly are they going to rule? If all of the subjects are perfect, what will there be for them to do? Perfect subjects in perfect conditions don't need a ruler. You only need a ruler to help correct imperfect people that are under imperfect conditions.

Also, why do there have to be so many rulers? God can read everybodies thoughts all at once. He can do anything he sets his mind to, so why does he need so many helping hands? The WT uses the explanation that they can understand our problems because they can relate to us. Wait, I thought God could understand our needs better than we could? Also, what problems? Aren't we all going to be perfect people in a perfect world? What problems would they have to relate to?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The 144,000 are doing nothing. None got resurrections in the sense that the witlesses claim. Not only that, the number was stolen and incorporated into the LIE-ble. Originally, the 144,000 represented the nadis of your soul (related to chakras, these nadis are the points of light in your soul). And the Christmas tree represents the tree of your soul, with the lights representing the nadis (one more reason to have excessive numbers of undersized lights on your tree).

• mP
    mP

144000 is of course 12 * 12 * 1000. 1000 is used to impress, while 12 signifies the twelve tribes or as Josephus said the 12 months of the year. The sun always needs 12 helpers, which is also why Jesus had 12 apostles. Even after Judas "died" they had to replace him to make it 12 again. Kings on earth always need governors and other nasty people to keep the masses obedient. The OT is all about social heirarchy and impressing the need for the masses to obey and pay tax or temple donations etc. Why would Jehovah who created the universe in all its glory really need 144000 helpers to rule over small insigificant earth.

• mP
    mP

This also reminds me of the 72 virgins that Muslims seem to love, where does God get them ? Is there some country that has hundreds of women for every man ?

• oompa
    oompa

wtf i was hoping this was about what the hey this "remnant" of the 144k are doing as they TAKE THE LEAD in the ministry!!!!!..........you can only cover so much territory in a hoveround.............oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit