Can we Die After the Thousand Years and Final Test?

by God_Delusion 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

What it comes down to is who wrote all this stuff in the book of revealation? Its a waste of intelligents to try and make any sense out of this book. I don't think its God inspired word and that is why there is so much written about it and into it. Believe what you will as there are so many beliefs about life after death and without this book what do you have? Answer, your own reasoning and thinking ability. Think about that without the Bible to mess with your mind.

Blueblades/MallCop

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Sounds like the WTS doesn't believe what it calls the final test is really the final test.

Yup. One of the elements I first questioned as a 10 y.o. kid was, so how exactly does all of this misery actually settle the issue, once and for all? So 6,000 yrs of misery has occurred, simply because a random fallen angel said, "uh, YHWH, you're doing it wrong. I think can do better..."?

That's a theme used in Westerns, where a young upstart with a pistol is out to grab the title of "fastest gun in the West", so challenges the title-holder to a shoot-out in the streets of Dodge City; after he's dead, another one is on the side-lines, waitng to take his place.

Job's test didn't address the issue? Noah's Flood (a proto-Armageddon, if you will) didn't?

The whole concept of YHWH needing to sacrifice his own Son reflects barbaric ritual beliefs, just like Abraham's test of sacrificing his first-born son does (and WHAT is the deal with YHWH's fascination with first-borns? Another ancient cultic ritual, based on scientific misunderstanding).

Besides, who's serving as the jury in this Divine Court Case, in the matter of Satan vs YHWH? Just like where does mankind go to sue God for violating ANY of his Divine Covenants, for breech of contract, if He fails to uphold His end of the bargain? Oh, that's right: YHWH is Judge, Jury, and Executioner, just like He was with Adam and Eve. A&E were immortal, in name only: their continued existence was dependent on following YHWH's instructions to a tee.

(frankly, I suspect the Adam and Eve characters were trying to commit suicide, and were disappointed when they didn't die that "very day". They thought they found a way out, LOL!)

It's all nutso, of course: JWs are buying their spirituality out of a can, pre-packaged, not bothering to put any thought into it. It's missing the whole point of spirituality, where it's not so much finding the answer that counts, as much as making the INDIVIDUAL journey. JWs assemble their spiritual tent on the lawn, and take a spiritual journey without so much as leaving their own property, thinking they've found the answer.

The irony is JWs go to Salt Lake City on special assignment to "underserved areas", and ask Mormons, "If you weren't born into a Mormon community, do you think you'd still be a Mormon?" Of course, the JWs asking the question often are 3rd and 4th generation JWs themselves, with THEIR entire network of friends and families tied into the JW life. The question they ask others is the very same question they should be asking of themselves (it's funny how that works, isn't it?).

• mindseye
    mindseye

Aussie Oz wrote:

oh the poor JWs

tethered on a short string for eternity

not my idea of paradise thanks!

Yeah, exactly my thoughts when I first heard this growing up. It's more like hell than paradise, where the 'gift' of free will is just enough rope to hang one's self.

• tec
    tec

I think you are asking more about what the WTS says on the matter, but I just wanted to shed some light outside of the WTS influence.

The only people who are consumed by fire at the end of the thousand years are those who are ATTACKING those within the Kingdom. Everyone already within the Kingdom are protected. No one leaves or is cast out. It is those still outside the kingdom (gnashing teeth and weeping - jealous - in the darkness/the goats separated from the sheeps) who come against those already protected within the kingdom.

There is no second test.

God does not send an army out to destroy anyone. An army comes TO destroy those HE has promised to protect.

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit