Skirts and trousers (pants if you're in the US)

by Chariklo 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Jesus never wore pants. Pants have a historical connection with pagans and military uniforms. True Christians should only wear skirts like Jesus, the first century governing body and early Christian congregation.

Pants are pagan, worldly, and are Satan's tool for rubbing your crotch.

Pants make Jehovah sad.

• blondie
  • straightshooter
    straightshooter

Billy you made my day. Love your comment. Now the GB will have to ban pants.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Instead of wearing an $80 polyester suit in the intro to the Sparlock video, Tony Morris should be wearing a modest Christian moo moo.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

As far as what the WTS. says about pants for woman is that if woman were to wear pants, its intensionally making them look manly,

which could incite homosexual thoughts by other woman.

The WTS leaders have always been a bit stupid and ignorant on many things.

Is it because they are trying to emulate the social moral standards of the ancient Hebrews which existed thousands of years ago ?

There are other so called Christian based religions who even have more stricter rules upon what how woman are to dress.

The other interesting thing is that I never heard of a JW woman being counseled for wearing pants outside

of the Kingdom Hall.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The Truth of the matter

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

I had to wear a skirt for my study sessions. Once I got past a certain point, once the hypnotism/brainwashing was beginning to take hold.

But then, as I've mentioned before, my pioneer elderette study conductor was so hard core it's unbelievable. And a control freak par excellence.

She is in the right religion.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The problem is that a skirt can hide the actual shape of the anatomy. Pants reveal the shape, if not the color and fine details. By putting a tent on the top, the shape can be hidden even if you can still see the bottom 20 cm.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

When I was in elementary school the girls weren't allowed to wear pants unless it snowed. If it snowed they were allowed to wear them under a dress or skirt. It was another hold over notion from a bygone era that most people came to realize was ridiculous. Not the Watchtower gang who take themselves so seriously. They made a stand on it back in the day so they have to stick to it or they think they'll loose ground. It's the same with beards or hair past the ears for men. God always agrees with whatever they decide.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

This most likely falls in line with keeping up a perceived image of the JW organization.

Yes, there is bible scripture that states that woman should not wear cloths that men wear.

You must remember also that in the US and abroad woman were not wearing pants that much,

not at least until after the Second world war. Some of these dress standards were developed many years ago,

for both men and woman, going far back as the late 50's and 60's. The WTS. tries to shape and mold people into becoming their

sales representatives in front of the public, in this endeavor they've been very controlling and strict upon their devoted followers.

You must admit, if you were to picture a woman out a service with a low cut top and mini skirt, it really present an image of wholesomeness

and virtue. Likewise is a guy came knocking on your door with a scruffy beard, long uncombed hair and a dirty jean jacket, would

pretty much present a similar image.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit