Are you Chase Bank Customer? How do you like them?

by Iamallcool 17 Replies latest jw friends

• JeffT
    JeffT

I've been with Chase since they took over WaMu a few years ago. I mostly use a small branch in a nearby Fred Meyer store. I've never had any trouble with them and most of the people in the branch know me. They are certainly way better than BofA where my wife has her account.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

They serviced my student loans, but I don't bank with them.

BTS

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I had an account since they were Lincoln First bank. Now, they are just plain too damn big--all I keep is enough money to pay general bills and order stuff online. One thing I like to do with them: Buy silver. I understand Jamie Dimon has something like 300 million ounces of shorts on silver. So, if you really want to get back at those scumbags, go out and buy silver. This takes the physical stuff off the market, and when Dimon has to settle, the price is likely to go up toward a trillion toilet papers an ounce. With that kind of shortage, if enough of us own even small amounts of physical silver, it will force them to either go out of business or accept so much bailout money that it will create hyperinflation.

• Kahlua
    Kahlua

I have had a mortgage loan or two with them. Unfortunately when I sold one house and the buyer financed with Wells Fargo which may have been sold to Chase. He got behind with his payments. Chase turned it over to a collection agency who broadcast in legal notices to the whole state the house was in that I was in default and it was being foreclosed. The only way I knew was that the Post Office forwarded a dozen letters from attorneys wanting to help me with the foreclosure. I called Chase mortgage and the first lady I spoke with refused to even listen to the problem because the loan was not in my name. She hung up on me.

I called back and asked for a supervisor and the young man refused to let me speak to a supervisor. I said would you please at least listen to my problem I don't want you to tell me anything about the loan. I will tell you. He finally agreed and after listening to me decided I needed to speak with a supervisor. DUH!!

I have had an account with a credit union since about 1976. They are fantastic. Rates are usually lower. The customer service is usually better. You own a piece of it as a member. Deposits are fully insured just like the big banks.

Even Suze Orman recommends credit unions over the big banks.

• life is to short
    life is to short

I was a Chase customer also since they took over from WaMu, I never had any problem expect once they charged me $40.00 like they did Terry in hidden fees. They would not budge to take it off and said it was my fault since I should have read the tiny fine print.

I was so mad that I spent about two hours on the internet and somehow found the president of Chase/Morgan. I called and even got through to him, how I do not know, anyway he took the charge off.

So it I made $20.00 an hour and I did not get taken. I was beyond mad that time at how rude everyone treated me the president I do have to say was really nice.

I finally closed out all of my accounts just because of how they are just too big, if they make a mistake it is always you the customers fault and I just di did not want to go through that again.
    LITS

• designs
    designs

Chase, under Jamie Dimon, is under investigation from FERC on questionable energy trades from the division that handles these transactions. They may lose their license to be in that business. I like the people at my local Chase Branch and the Bank has kept people on without a lot to do ( they greet you at the door get you coffee etc.). In California our electricity rates can be high per Kwh and like Enron years ago rigging the costs hurts us.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

If you want continually lousy service, bank at Chase. They are too big and too impersonal. You're better off in a community bank or a credit union.

• designs
    designs

My wife wants to switch to a local Credit Union, we have had several car loans with them and they pay you a dividend on your car payments so at the end you have a few hundred dollars in savings, not bad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit