Waiting on Jehovah? yeah right

by BlindersOff1 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

The amazing bit is the narcissism of humans who are only one of 7 billion on this Earth who think that the Almighty Creator is going to find some amusement in monitoring and answering the thoughts and prayers of all of those mortal beings (not to mention the legions of Angels!), and actually respond on a case-by-case basis? WOW.... Let's see how this plays out:

GOD: "Oh, I see that Mrs. Smith of Poughkipsee, NJ, suffered menstrual cramps: Michael, can you see that she gets special attention from an angel, perhaps an invisible comforting touch? She's a faithful regular publisher, with two lovely children who need her in top form."

MICHAEL: "I'LL PERSONALLY GET RIGHT ON THAT, SIR!"

Hint: if your local senator doesn't know or care who the hell you are (on an individual basis), why should the President of the U.S., much less God Almighty, give a whit? It's a very self-centered belief, a hallmark of child-like thinking.

• blondie
    blondie

Waiting on Jehovah = waiting on the elders/the WTS/FDS/GB because God hasn't told them what to do, or he has through the bible but they don't agree with it or perhaps they think they decide and they tell God what to do.

(Matthew 16:18, 19) . . .Also, I say to you, You are Peter, and on this rock-mass I will build my congregation, and the gates of Ha′des will not overpower it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of the heavens, and whatever you may bind on earth will be the thing bound in the heavens, and whatever you may loose on earth will be the thing loosed in the heavens.”

So did the WTS tell the rank and file to wait on God when the end did not come in 1914

The end did not come in 1925

The end did not come in 1975

That 136 years since they predicted 1914 that jws are still waiting on God?

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/1800s.php

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "May God forgive this thought of mine
    but if I hada been alive durin' the time of slavery
    and Lincoln decided to " wait on the Jehovah "
    I would've told John wilkes Boothe to move over
    " I got this "
    Wait my foot..." Was Blind

roflmao

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Since all gods were created out of human ignorance and imagination in also to what those gods did or were to do possibly do

for humanity in the future.

One would have to simply and realistically wait upon the imagination of men.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit