Why " Legally " guilty?

by DATA-DOG 11 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

The WTS knew the guy was a child molester from 1993.

See http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/4530/wtsreminderlettertofrem.png

The North Fremont elders knew at some point between 1993 and 1998 that he'd been reported to the legal authorities and a police report made about an incident that occurred prior to 1994. The conviction under code 243.4c matches what we know about the step-daughter incident.

See http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/7021/freemontboelettertowtsa.png

When Candace was (according to her testimony) getting 'bear hugs' from a divorcing/recently divorced and an alone Kendrick, and was sitting on his lap at meetings after c. 1994, this should have been a red flag to the elders who were aware of Kendrick's recent history, and something should have been done.

More random thoughts HERE.

I'd be interested to know why the step-daughter didn't come forward as a witness. The mother said that she (the step-daughter) told the elders more happened than just accidental touching. The BOE letter in 1993 and the elders' depos don't reflect that information.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Appeals court almost always focus on rulings of law. They feel that the trial judge and the jury was present in the court room and witnessed the delivery, voice, and body language. Reading a transcript is a poor substitute.

I doubt if the Witnesses dispute the basic facts. They will argue that they had no legal duty to do anything at the time of the events.

Speaking with someone, I heard how they tried to spin the story that b/c Condi acted out in a way consistent with abuse that she was a strumpet and/or just making up the story. If they would feel less aggrieved and offer their sympathies and concerns, I would not want to vomit when I read their statements. Reading comments from active JWs is infuriating b/c so many believe the abuse never happened. Kendrick had few ties to the Witnesses. The cover up was so unnecessary.

Their larger culture is indicting them. The belief that no JW can ever err is so juvenile.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit