Gilead Instructors

by YoYoMama 18 Replies latest jw friends

• anewperson
    anewperson

Lyman Swingle pretended to Ray Franz that he was sympathetic to him but wasn't. He was playing "good cop" in the old "good cop-bad cop" ruse in order to better draw out Ray Franz. Maybe to this day Ray thinks Swingle was a great guy, but his own throat was cut by the backstabbing and front-stabbing. Swingle was often rude and pugnacious, and I believe he helped push the WTS into its confrontation against France. He also bragged sometimes of the WTS locking horns with American Roman Catholics back in the 1940s. Once he went about 2 hours over his scheduled speaking time at an assembly. Some guy.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Swingle kick asses!!

• TMS
    TMS
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    One of the finest individuals I have ever met was Ulysses Glass who was one of the most prominent Gilead instructors. He displayed genuine humility and love of God and His Word. A TRUE christian.

Mr. Glass was outstanding in a TV interview or roundtable format. I recall his participation in a discussion panel which included a Jewish Rabbi, a Catholic priest, a representative of Baha'i and a couple protestant denominations. His gracious, respectful demeanor made me proud to be a JW. He was in no way argumentative and seemed genuinely forthright in presenting the Witness view of matters.

TMS

• Masterji
    Masterji

Want to see a picture of Ulysses Glass?
    Page 7 and 301 in the Revelation book.

M

• butalbee
    butalbee

YoYoMama--How is Jerome doing?????

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

How is Jerome??? How is Ernesto from Argentina?

YoYo will never gain respect here again. Any time any looney comes along, we're going to think it's YoYo.

What a joke!

• Room 215
    Room 215

Hi all,

Having known both men, I heartily endorse anewperson's assessment of Lyman Swingle... a real mean-spirited curmudgeon if ever there was one (I too was mystified by Ray Franz's take on this fellow), and TMS appraisal of Ulysses Glass-- a fine person.

Could you imagine any of the present-day bigshots agreeing to participate in such an open forum as the one TMS describes of Glass? Thanks in no small measure to the disclosure of forums like this one, they've long since circled the wagons and withdrawn to their ``inner chambers''..... trouble is, there's been no Armageddon come along to rescue them!

• fulano
    fulano

I was in the same congregaction with carl Adams for a while in Patterson.

Know Noumair from the swimming-pool...nice guy.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Isn't Mr. humble Paul Illingworth a Gilead Instructor? I know he's in Patterson.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit