Gilead Instructors

by YoYoMama 18 Replies latest jw friends

• YoYoMama
    YoYoMama

Is anyone familiar with the Gilead instructors:

Liverance, Bowen, Noumair, and Karl Adams.

• Joseph Joachim
    Joseph Joachim

Is anyone familiar with [...] Karl Adams.

Yes, Raymond Franz.

• YoYoMama
    YoYoMama

I don't believe Ray Franz was ever an instructor. He was a student and a missionary. The four names above are those of the present day instructors.

• ianao
    ianao

:: YoYoMama: I don't believe Ray Franz was ever an instructor. He was a student and a missionary. The four names above are those of the present day instructors.

Joseph said that RFranz was familiar with Karl Adams, not that he was a Gilead instructor.

• YoYoMama
    YoYoMama

Sorry, I misunderstood. Has Raymond said anything about Karl in any of his books?

• Joseph Joachim
    Joseph Joachim

Has Raymond said anything about Karl in any of his books?

Karl Adams and Lyman Swingle are alluded to in almost every page of Crisis of Conscience, since they were overseers of the Writing Department in the 70's. Essentially, both of them shared the same concerns of R. Franz and E. Dunlap about WT doctrines but decided to stay "on the sunny sidewalk".

• Quandary
    Quandary

One of the finest individuals I have ever met was Ulysses Glass who was one of the most prominent Gilead instructors. He displayed genuine humility and love of God and His Word. A TRUE christian.
    Q

• belbab
    belbab

:: YoYoMama: I don't believe Ray Franz was ever an instructor. He was a student and a missionary. The four names above are those of the present day instructors.

Ray Franz was also a member of the governing body, and a prominent writer in the writing department.

belbab

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

Brother Bowen may be distantly related as he discussed with my father at a District Convention a couple of years ago. I wonder if he shares that with the bethel family?

• bj
    bj

In the Awake! 1984 11/22, pp. 19-20, you find some information on MARK NOUMAR:

Graduated from the 77th class of Gilead, married to Patricia, as business he was in JANITORIAL SERVICE, served in Africa.
    In brief only "qualifications" for Jehovah's Witnesses Schools.

Joe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit