thirdwitness.com - JWs answer to apostate accusations

by Reality79 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sd-7
    sd-7

After quoting a number of statements made in Watchtower literature about the need of reporting child abuse to the authorities (amongst other crimes), the author of this article regarding child abuse says the following:

No Watchtower publication has ever been found contradicting the above statements.

Off the top of my head I can think of some, and more than likely some of those statements (you can see them at the bottom of that web page if you want) are actually the opposite of what has been said in the past. There is most certainly a Watchtower article that said that even if a person confessed to murder, as long as he did it before he was baptized, the elders had no responsibility to contact the authorities.

For one, this person quotes "a 1997 letter to the elders", but I'd have to see a scanned copy of it to know it was actually legitimate (and indeed it may be). For two, this person is quoting only one side of the story; the Society likes to sound very upstanding and clean, but also says some pretty terrible things as well.

How about all those articles where rape is equated to fornication? Even in 'My Book of Bible Stories', a Watchtower book written for children, what Shechem did to Dinah was considered wrong because they weren't married, not because it was rape. That hasn't been changed even though a revision of the book was done just a few years ago. That says all I need to know.

The author of this page clearly hasn't done a lot of research. He clearly wants to believe the Society's hands are clean in this because of the DF'ing arrangement and these published statements. But there are so many loopholes present in their system, and plenty of things that aren't actually written down but merely spoken instructions that could totally debunk all that.

In short, his kung fu is weak.

your kung fu is weak

--sd-7

• loosie
    loosie

AS if giving cautions to a child molester will make him stop. But his own children can be with him. they don't care about his own children he can molest thema ll he wants?!?!?!?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

3rd WatchTard has shown up here a few times..

He`s long winded..

Couldn`t tell the truth if his life depended on it..

And..

Thick as a Brick..

............................ ...OUTLAW

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

it wouldn't surprise me if that 2nd quote is entirely fictitious

It wouldn't surprise me either. My past encounters with him, and observing his encounters with others, have also led me to conclude he is shamelessly dishonest.

Maybe this will help. Giving you more than you need here so you can cross reference to verify.

Do you see any BOE letter dated to the year 2000 that discusses child abuse?

Neither do I.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

He used to post here. High point was him denying that the city of Tyre still existed while the Israelis were bombing the heck out of it. Even after I proved to him that part of the modern city is located exactly where the ancient city used to be.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Eeeyep.

He has an agenda, and only his; facts don't matter.

It's not really anything to do with the WBTS, and I'm sure he isn't a JW. Just somebody with ALOT of time on his hands me thinks.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Leolaia beat him up Good..

LOL!!..

Brains VS BullShit isn`t much of a match..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

... and T-wit also tried to use pics of Tyre's ruins to prove how Ezekiel's prophecy came true, but they were ruins from Roman and Crusader times. That was funny!

He got completely pulverized. Classic thread.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

double post

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Yup thats the thread. I get into detail about where Tyre was located on p. 16 and 23 of that thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit