Reasoning From the Scriptures with the Sisters

by MsGrowingGirl20 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• MsGrowingGirl20
    MsGrowingGirl20

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT! New publication is now available. It is entitled REASONING WITH THE SISTERS

All single brothers are encouraged to read and apply its suggestions.

INTRODUCTIONS TO REASONING WITH THE SISTERS

CURRENT EVENTS:

Good afternoon. My name is --- -- ---. I am a brother from (mention the name of your congregation). Did you see the news last night on television? That topic on (mention an important current event; but do not talk about cars or sports). What do you think about that? It isn't uncommon for sisters to worry about those subjects, but I think we are living in a time when we need to get to know one another better. (Ask her if she'd like to go out in service with you.)

LOVE/KINDNESS

I have run across many sisters who really worry about the lack of available brothers in the neighboring congregations. Do you feel the same way? Why do you think this tendency exists? Did you know I am interested in you? (Explain the reason)

WHEN SISTERS SAY:

I'M BUSY

Hi. My name is --- --- ---. I wanted to converse with you about how we can get to know one another better. But I can see that you're busy (or about to leave the house). Could we have lunch on Saturday after field service and analyze it afterwards?

HOW TO RESPOND TO CONVERSATION STOPPERS

I'M NOT INTERESTED

May I ask if you mean that you are not interested in me or in brothers in general? I ask because I have come across many sisters that at one time or another were interested in brothers but no longer because they think that brothers are hypocrites (or they feel that they are liars or not spiritual. Etc.) I don't approve such attitudes and if you would get to know me, I think we could both look to the future with confidence.

OR SAY:

If you mean that you are not interested in having another boyfriend, I can understand. But it's likely that you're interested in your future. Can you see a possibility of establishing a relationship in the future?

I AM NOT INTERESTED IN YOU

Many sisters tell me that. Have you even asked yourself why brothers like m e continue insisting, even when the sisters generally are not interested?

OR SAY:

I can understand because there was a time when I thought the same about sisters. But, to be fair, I decided to listen to one of them and I discovered that I hadn't been told the whole truth about her. Now we are good friends.

OTHER GOOD SUGGESTIONS:

It's always a good idea to keep good records are this is key to seeing how the relationship develops. Never ask her if she had a chance to read the letter you sent her. Instead, ask if she has a question. Always mention that she can make a voluntary donation of her time in order to share it with you. Make definite arrangements to meet again including name, date, and time. And remember to give her the opportunity to accept or reject since we cannot prejudge. Finally, if she rejects you, remember it is not you she is rejecting, rather your message of love.

OTHER PUBLICATIONS SOON TO COME:

a. Insight to understanding sisters (There are already 7 volumes and they will continue to increase. )
    b. Sisters- What happens when they cry?
    c. Knowledge that leads to an everlasting wife.
    d. Questions old people ask- Answers they forgot.

• MsGrowingGirl20
    MsGrowingGirl20

I saw this on FB!!! CRAZZZYYY!!!

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

Am I correct to conclude that this is a little humor created/sent among JW's?

• MsGrowingGirl20
  • InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

I find it interesting to hear what active JW's say among themselves. I guess the "lack of available brothers" is a common sentiment. My female JW acquaintance has said this as well.

• mind blown
    mind blown

Hilarious!!

Current Events sounds like a door to door opening conversation.

Love/Kindness thru Other Good Suggestions....can we say STALKER Who in their right mind keeps records (unless through a personal diary) of how a relationship is going? It all sounds so Watchtowery.

Is this a JW's helpful attempt at dating? CRAZZZY is right

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I found the sisters far too hung up on "spiritual qualifications" and was turned down more than once for the fact that I wasnt pioneering, an elder etc etc.

But now I've quit the borg i can thank my lucky stars that I stayed single, so in a way I had a lucky break.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

In my experience, the sisters are usually even worse than the elders, to whom they snitch at every turn, and ordinary brothers too can sometimes be almost able actually to THINK!

In this context, please note the thread I posted about women achieving the ultimate in liberation here:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/members/politics/227869/1/Can-the-Watchtower-learn-from-Iceland-and-Thora-Arnorsdottir-The-last-word-in-womens-liberation

• Heaven
    Heaven

New publications.... yep, they need money to pay for the recent legal action they lost.

• Heaven
    Heaven

I'M NOT INTERESTED

May I ask if you mean that you are not interested in me or in brothers in general?

Response: Shall I call the police now or my lawyer? Your choice. I said I'm not interested and I meant it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit