Do You Think That You Should Be Punished For Letting Drivers Know There Is A Speed Trap Along Their Route?

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

A Houston woman made up a sign warning motorists of a speedtrap and she was arrested!

In my area we often alert fellow drivers of speed traps by flashing our lights. Do you think there should be a law against this?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Heck, even police put up fake speed traps to slow motorists down. Real trap or fake, it has the same desired result.

• snowbird
  • jgnat
    jgnat

P.S. After hubby got a ticket a block from home, he cursed the speeders on home turf and wished a ticket on them.

• cofty
    cofty

This also came up in the UK recently.

I think a court ruled that it wasn't an offence because the driver who flashed their lights couldn't know for sure the other driver was in fact speeding.

Legal niceties aside I would warn other drivers on the open road but I have zero tolerance for speeding in town.

• yknot
    yknot

I proudly flash my lights!

I heard of some boys who had signs that also alerted thankful motorist that donations were welcomed!

Boys got busted hard too....

My county officers also park empty cars to slow traffic out on long stretches of road between counties/towns

H-town PD being petty lil byotches...

• minimus
    minimus

Some towns will give you a ticket for going 5 miles over the limit. I'm with Snowbird! Enough laws already!!!

• yknot
    yknot

Our area allows for 5 over but 6 and you getting pulled over .......only exception is school zones....anything more than 1 mile over and you are ticketed

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I warn Truckers all the time..(Flash Lights)

The legal speed changes rapidly as your going through these mountains..

Up/Down/Up/Down..Ect..ect.......It`s crazy..

Unless your a local,it`s hard to keep up..

................................ ...OUTLAW

• minimus
    minimus

The kicker is, if you did get stopped and you were an off duty cop, you'd get no ticket.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit