How do you like Joyce Meyer?

by Iamallcool 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Bella15
    Bella15

She was one of the first preachers I started listening on TV, then I went to see her here in Houston. I like the angle from where she takes scriptures to engourage people ... especially since my niece can relate to her for the sexual abuse Joyce suffered ... in our case (my niece and I) Joyce was kind of God sent to us ... it is hard to explain but her message was right on during my niece's most difficult times ... each minister and ministry is different ... no one has the same call. I never shared in the hatred the WT instill in its followers for other ministries or ministers, I remember my mom calling TD Jakes "fat pig" ... I was still a JW back then ... one day I was channel surfing and I heard him talk and I was impressed at his message to empower women ... these days I listened to any good sermon on TV ... I wish I could have had all this bible based motivational stuff while I was growing up ...

• Heaven
    Heaven

never heard of her

Ditto. I have, on the other hand, heard of Oscar Mayer. He had weiners, right?

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Sad to say, I think she is a 'rich phoney'! Just my opinion.

Outaservice

• mouthy
    mouthy

Dont like her

• james_woods
    james_woods

Sad to say, I think she is a 'rich phoney'! Just my opinion.

She does strike me as coming across like a very angry person for someone who has a million-dollar mansion and travels everywhere by private jet.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

She grates on my nerves so my impression was formed during flipping channels. When I've heard her, she was emphatically teaching a prosperity gospel. If she were teaching prosperity from a secular perspective, I'd say ok but not see why she is so great. Reading the NT carefully, I am certain Jesus never taught such a gospel.

Jesus is not groovy. He is often radical and perplexing. His focus in not on wealth but on the poor and outcasts. I was shocked by my strong reaction against her. She reminds me of Oprah, another guru. I do admire Oprah for so many other things. Joyce Meyers teaches what most people want to hear.

I find her very mediocre but I'm not drowning in her wealth. Her statements are so bourgeois and predictable. Sort of a female Pat Boone.

A lot of people I admire like her very much.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit