Circumcision banned in Germany - it's about time.

by Joey Jo-Jo 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

I hope you all understand what occurs to a man who has his foreskin mutilated, what chapstick wrote.

FlyingHighNow All for a tyrant God, but there is a thing such as restoring the foreskin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zwwfhc54U6Q

WTWizard : I would go further to say that circumcision should not be between the parents, religions or the queen.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

None of my boys are circumcised. I did research on the issued before I had my first son (my INTP car out full force) and I came to the conclusion that it wasn't neccessary. I stand by that desision. If my boys want to lob off their foreskins it's all on them.

• cofty
    cofty

What chapstick said.

One day we will look back and wonder how we ever thought it was accepetable to chop bits off a child's genetalia for reasons of superstition

If male circumcision was such a traumatic thing, God would never have insisted on it in the Old Testament. - JWOP

So god made man and thought it was good. Then 2000 years later he thought, lets chop off part of his knob, and lo it was better!

Every word of your post is based on misinformation.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    All for a tyrant God, but there is a thing such as restoring the foreskin

In my son's case, it was not for a tyrant god, but for his father who felt like he was a "weirdo" and "stuck out" because he was uncircumcised and had to dress out at school. He did not want our son to feel the odd one.

I don't think God was behind circumcision. I think man came up with that. But why? I keep asking myself why. Control?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

It's like women believing men all love only big boobs...then some of them get dangerous implants. People will do painful things if they think someone they love or God wants them to do it badly enough.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

So what does the Almighty Jehovah (better known as seven old guys in Brooklyn) tell the Dubs regarding circumcision, is this a "let your conscious rule" thing also?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Shirley, they go by the New Testament which does away with mandatory circumcision.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

In some areas in Africa, it is customary to scar a child's face and mark them as part of a certain group. I suppose not to do so would make them look like the weirdo in the bunch. Does that make doing it the right thing to do? What if they move out of the area? Many who were scarred as children and moved to the city are having a hard time. But they certainly fit in as children.

I had my daughter at home. I didn't know if she would be a boy or a girl. Our decision was to not to lop of any of the baby's body parts---regardless if that made them unusual. Honestly, I never took my underwear off in a locker room--but then I did not play sports. Gym required the least effort, and no one every really sweat at all. Would I have cut off a piece of my child's genitalia if they were teased at school? I doubt it. It's barbaric, and sometimes, the crowd is just wrong.

NC

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

I was probably the first person in my family to be circumcised as an infant, because many men with foreskins have problems in hot tropical places where there is no such thing as AC. I've never felt like I missed anything. The practice is not as common in Latin America as it is in the US, although it is more advantageous there because of the hot climate. Other members of my family had to get it done as teens or adults because of problems, my father did not want me to go through it. My penis is circumcised, and it works just fine. Sex feels great. Those here that say there is a difference, have no way of knowing. Among men who have had it done as adults, some say it feels better, some say it feels worse. It is subjective. If it isn't as pleasurable it might be considered an advantage by some, because it might help some men be better lovers. Women also tend to prefer circumcised penises, since it is seen as cleaner. It also protects women's health. There is a reason the practice became widespread in ancient times in hot climates (especially dry), regardless of culture or religion. It conveyed health advantages. I've read that whole armies have been stalled on campaign because of cock rot. I've known about kids who went through pain because their foreskins were stuck back and strangling the head, which had to be dealt with by mom with rubbing oil on it to slide it back in place. Millions of men in Africa are being circumcised today as adults because of the health benefits with the AIDS epidemic.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Shirley, they go by the New Testament which does away with mandatory circumcision.

Technically, yes - but there is an undercurrent of tacit approval (almost a requirement) for circumcision, including many pro-circumcision comments in the literature. Mostly on cleanness and health notions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit