How ManyYears Did You Waste Being A Jehovah's Witness?

by minimus 79 Replies latest jw friends

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Most of them. I was baptized in 1984 and DF'd in 2009.

It wasn't all bad, just the part about having to believe things that aren't true and shun friends and family members without usually knowing why except that's what we were supposed to do and that you aren't completely free to choose your own friends, marriage mates, education and jobs ... all those things must be JW Approved or you'll be the ones shunned. Oh and I almost forgot the part about slaving for free for largely unappreciative people and feeling that nothing was ever enough: not enough quantity, not enough quality and it most certainly wasn't ever good enough!

Other than that I loved every minute of being a JW, both of them.

00DAD

• minimus
    minimus

Slave drivers!

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

25, 5 of them at Bethel.

• QueenWitch
    QueenWitch

Born in, baptized in 1992, df'd in 1995, kept trying to come back on and off. Said f*** it about 3 yrs ago and rededicated myself to the Goddess in 2011.

As a spinoff question, anyone actually remember the exact date of his/her big dip? I always remember that when JWs got married, the dude would say this is the 2nd most important day of your life with the 1st date being the big dip. Oh, we were told to write down the date in one of those books. Pfft, I don't remember the date nor still have any JW pubs.

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Raised in it, Baptised at 11, resigned "privileges" and stopped attending meetings at 47, sooo, 36 years officially baptised; if you add the years till I was 11, since I attended a convention in Milwalkee at 1 month old, ..47 too many years . On the brights side, My ancestors have wasted time since 1919. No regrets, I don't want to go back, leave me alone...no trespassing!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

1985 to 2008, with more than six years in "special" full-time circus

• minimus
    minimus

I was baptized Jan 15 1966 at 9 years of age! I became a 9 year old "mini ster".

• talesin
    talesin

Born-in, left at 18, and not been in a KH since, but spent the next 20 years dealing with the fall-out of being raised in it, and other family dysfunction.

It's been quite a journey, but no regrets about leaving.

t

• minimus
    minimus

Only a cult would bother you if you wanted to leave.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

40+ from birth...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit